Popup sale on Lowrance HDS9 Carbon at HC

If you were thinking about it anyway... $2700 --> $1300 is a big price slash.

Link to Harbour Chandler
Cabela's has them on sale again for $1199.00;

I highly recommend HC if you are going to buy one. Denise the electronics guru there knows it all about Lowrance stuff.The sonar on my 3 year old Ti2 quit working. I took it to HC and Denise did the troubleshooting and found the software had deleted itself. She re-installed it with her magic micro sd card and it worked. I was in and out of there in half an hour and wasn't charged a dime. Five stars for customer service.

I picked one up in the spring. Yes it's a very good unit. On my last 3 boats I've had and HDS-9, Simrad NSS-9 Evo and now the HDS-9 Carbon. I'd suggest this unit is basically the exact copy of the NSS-9 except it has WiFi built in and its newer/faster. This unit comes with the C-Maps card for the Island. Not quite as good bottom resolution as the Navionics or C-Maps "Reveal" but it shows must of the stuff you need and it's free. The sonar module is the Chirp, Sidescan, Downscan unit - external mount. Outstanding resolution. You can use the sonar unit and an SD Card and record your own sonar detail -- upload it to their Genesis Social Mapping and then get extreme bottom resolution of the areas you fish most (see Barkley Sound example https://www.genesismaps.com/Dashboard/SocialMap/Index?mwID=1202626).

The unit has a built in WiFi Router/Client. From a phone/tablet you can pair with the unit and fully view and control the functions. Pretty cool but I've not found a practical use for that function. If you join your home or marina hotspot, it allows you to do OTA updates, upload your sonar logs (as above), routes and trails. You can also purchase charts online (which holy **** they push on you)!!!

You can also pair any of a 3g/4g radar, Sirius radio, AIS Receiver (I have one called the dAISy that's super inexpensive and works great). Had NMEA2K ports on the back x 2. It can act as a full soft dashboard for all your engine controls if your engine has a NMEA2K output -- if you've not used that function, and your engine has this capability -- must-do-winter-project....

The ONLY minor downside that I found is that the unit tends to overheat if you leave the screen brightness at the default setting. Quick push on the power button brings up a settings menu and if you dial back the screen brightness just a hair, no more overheating. I guess all the units larger than the HDS-9 have a built in fan to fix the heat issue.

Attachments

• 20220712_122734 (1).jpg
    20220712_122734 (1).jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 41
One of our fishing tackle supply companies says local producers can’t get into Bass Pro as it’s US based but they can get in the Cabela’s because of the Canadian office even though they’re both under a shared umbrella. I just dealt with Cabela’s Canada recently and the phone call came from Winnipeg.

I have a hds12 carbon that I bought from cabelas on sale and a Hds9 carbon that I bought from HC.
HC gave me a pretty good deal on the carbon 9. After sale support from HC is next level.
My only complaint about the carbon is they seem to run pretty hot. Especially the 9’that is outside in the sun.

Back