Pool Table

KCW

Has anybody ever set a 3pc slate pool table up, velt is in good shape. Or is this something I need to hire someone to do.

I just set my new one up and its not to bad to do but you need some tools to do it. I used parafin wax to fill the gaps and an 8 inch dry wall knife to spread and flow the wax thats heated with a heat gun. Shave the wave into smaller flakes and heat the knife then draw the wax out until its smooth. Some people use drywall mud, some use bondo but they will crack and cause lumps if some thing bangs down on it(ball, beer bottle, etc). Have some patient it will workout fine if not call a pro and have some beers and watch.

Thanks for that, how do you attach the felt. Contack cement and does it need to be streched.

A very light shot of 3M 76 around the edge that will be under the rails. Stretch it a bit but not to much, if its a good mix of wool and nylon you can MIST a bit of hot water with a spray bottle and that will tighten it up. Contact is overkill and of course once its set you are screwed if you want to lift and re set, again I`m not a pro just my experience having done a few.

Back