Pinks in the campbell

Nice rod SF552. What kind of Hardy is it and what weight?

hey redman...a fibalite 7wt 9ft,was fishing it with a 7# Marquis Multiplier. I've been fishing with that one for 35? years...;-)...the rod is one of 3 Hardys that I have and use on a reg basis....with 14(yikes) so far :) Hardy reels....I bought my 1st setup wayy back in the mid 70's with money I had earned on my paper route lol...

Took the gf and 3 young'ns out this afternoon..... Got them all into lots, taught them (and all within earshot) about best practice. Not hooked in mouth, it stays in water and is let go, "humped" up, it swims free.... Amazing how some of the "let it flop in sand until I can kick it back into water" stops.
Good fun hooking them up, then handing rod off to one of the kids and coaching/helping them.... They each got to keep one,
Nothing big, actually smaller than usual, but too fun to get a glimpse of what I probably looked like 20+ yrs ago when I had my first salmon. Jack coho in serpentine river.

The Pier is on the right side of the road as you drive into Campbell River on the old highway. Immediately before the harbour.If you see Tyee Marine you passed it.
Don

We have gone pink fishing the last few days, they have definetly aged! But its alot of fun, found a green fly bottom bouncing worked best for us.

Lots of pinks still around. Father in law who is near retarded witha fishing rod caught 6 in 2 hours and lost at least as many. He got checked by a CO monday around noon.. Which was nice to hear.

As far as the peir goes. some early teens kid smashed a 41 pounder off of it in the last few days

Back