Pinks in the campbell

Newfie Boy: did you make it out today? how was is fishing coming through? i want to head down from vancouver.

I took a drive past the river today and stopped for a peak going to work. packed with people and many of them had fish. Very busy down there.

Im sure if you came up from Van you wouldnt have a hard time getting into fish its very very busy tho so be ready to almost go shoulder to shoulder

too bad its been nice past 3 weeks hardlly anyone out fishing most of the time had spots all to our selves for the whole day

Took a look this evening, 8pm start time. Even busy at that time. Lots of fish around. I had a couple tickles, and one to the beach. As one place, which I actually had to myself, I came upon the carcass of a 15# chrome springer. It had been worked over by birds, but it had clearly been filleted. I hope is was ocean caught, with the remains returned to the river. But I highly doubt that. Kind of soured my evening.

3 yrs ago, I watched a guy across the river hook a 25+ spring. He was definately targeting them. Springs were closed for retention, but I could tell there was going to be no release. There were 4 or 5 people in their group, young and drinking beer. So I decided to sit on shore and record this. After a battle, he lands it, bonk, they all pack their stuff up, and they get the hell outta there! No problem, I call DFO, and they tel me there isn't much they can do. So I tell them I have it on video, and they said without a name, they can't track him! I was pretty pissed off. I thought about calling the video poacher, and putting I on YouTube, but I never did.
Anyways, so that spring was surely caught in the river!

Hey Dude there are lots of fish in the river and lots of nice people who helped us out as the kids lost lots of gear. Fun day going again on thrusday. Good luck to you.

Fished the Campbell the last 3 days. Tons of fish in all the usual places and all the usual display of fishing etiquette and adherence to the fishing regulations. Fished in the non retention area above the Quinsam twice on both occasionsmyself and several others were releasing fish while the bulk of the fishers were bonking everything they could drag to shore. Tactful comments about it being a non-retention area were consistantly met with a quick response of @$^* off. I saw the previously mentioned Chinook carcas that had been filleted and then dumped. The worst case was when a fellow butt sagged a summer run of about 9 pounds and then quickly dispatched it with a piece of driftwood. Even some of the snaggers were shocked.

The guy fishing next to the steelie basher pulled out a cell phone and called the report a poacher line. He never got through to a live person but did leave a message. Mr. Fishbonkergrabbed his steelhead and his 2 poaced pinks and headed off.

I know that the CO's and DFO are short staffed, but surely they could manage to get some type of enforcement presence going.

I love fishing the Campbell when I can get away from the Jerks, so I will continue to ***** and continue to make a few more trips out.

Sad. Be worth it to follow him backto his truck and snap a pic of the licence plate. Funny thing is, lots of those poachers are poaching good info right here on this site too. Some people are just too dense to learn.

I fished the campbell today and got 4 really nice size Pinks. I got home an was filleting them and noticed white balls in the meat especially close to the tail. Anyone know what these are? Is it safe to eat these still? Never seen them before. Thanks

Ive seen those as well and seen the little white worms that go with them as well According to the info i got once cooked safe to eat but personally EWWWWWW

The worst case was when a fellow butt sagged a summer run of about 9 pounds and then quickly dispatched it with a piece of driftwood. Even some of the snaggers were shocked.

T.

that's just sad. the odd snagged pink i dont complain about... in the non retention area, maybe, but a summer run stealie? i would downright lose it. got to love the canadian goverment standing up for our fisheries.....

Got to the river at sunrise today. Limited out very quickly. Released several smaller ones, as well as some foul hooked ones. Every one was bright as silver. It's thick with fish right now.

Attachments

• 08052012102.jpg
    08052012102.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 08052012104.jpg
    08052012104.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 99
529981_3833443512931_142543288_n.jpg

and what fun on the fly....

Fish everywhere. Lots of fishers too. Had a couple darker ones. Few in the back mouth. Few in the mouth.

I took a new fellow today. We hit the fishing shop at lunch and he bought a sweet rig. Tested it out this evening. He has fished Saskatchewan for years, but first time doing this. He got a charge out of these scrappy little fish, and took a couple home for dinner. One amusing moment was when a landed a good sized chromer, hooked fair. What was hanging out ot the other corner of it's yap? A rig my byddy had just snapped off --pretty distinctive rig, so I'm sure it was his..

Anyway, great evening.

Back