Pinks around Vancouver yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricDyck

I've never targetted pinks in the ocean. Any tips, locations, timing etc?

They are probably the healthiest of salmon only being in the ocean for a couple years. I'd like to can a whole bunch for work lunches for the next year..

I've never targetted pinks in the ocean. Any tips, locations, timing etc?

They are probably the healthiest of salmon only being in the ocean for a couple years. I'd like to can a whole bunch for work lunches for the next year..
Check the Vancouver fishing report thread. People are starting to catch them just off Bowen Island.

Tips, small pink hoochies. That's all there is to pinks in the salt.

They are great crab and prawn bait
The guys down in San Diego say the same thing about Skipjack for lobster Shawn but I'd take it over Bluefin or Yellowfin raw any day of the week ;)

Pinks are not meant to be frozen unless candied and eaten within a month or two IMHO. Pan fried they're pretty darn tasty as well but they're also amazing sturgeon bait. Canned meh, better off with Sox, coho or springs.

The guys down in San Diego say the same thing about Skipjack for lobster Shawn but I'd take it over Bluefin or Yellowfin raw any day of the week ;)

Pinks are not meant to be frozen unless candied and eaten within a month or two IMHO. Pan fried they're pretty darn tasty as well but they're also amazing sturgeon bait. Canned meh, better off with Sox, coho or springs.
Smoked fresh whole fillets are divine. They can handle a heavy brine and heavy smoke. Amazing added to pasta or salad.

Do you still do the “trade 2 fresh pinks for a smoked slab” deal? If so, I’d like to place an order for early August…
I was wondering if anyone would remember that. Im pretty sure it was 3-1

Thinking about making fish cakes/burgers out of pinks and vacuum packing after they have been frozen.

Anyone tried this? Success or no?

If you bleed them fully and or use the Ike Jima spike kill method, they are better than what folks think. Pan fried is my go to with a pink. Dry rub or a batter from Cabelas, dry rub preferred.

Thinking about making fish cakes/burgers out of pinks and vacuum packing after they have been frozen.

Anyone tried this? Success or no?
i grind the pinks up add panko and turn them into salmon burgers, taste great and and can vacuum seal them, what flashers to the pinks like, and depth they, the times i have gotten them was just a secondary catch on my chinook rigs

i grind the pinks up add panko and turn them into salmon burgers, taste great and and can vacuum seal them, what flashers to the pinks like, and depth they, the times i have gotten them was just a secondary catch on my chinook rigs
They sell a “humpy special” combo package of white flasher and pink hoochie at stores. You probably have the items already. It mimics what works very well out here. No glow or UV on the white flasher needed.

They sell a “humpy special” combo package of white flasher and pink hoochie at stores. You probably have the items already. It mimics what works very well out here. No glow or UV on the white flasher needed.
just reading this page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back