Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I did answer the question. Guns over 10,000 joules (which includes the .460) are no longer legal. And yes, the .460 can be used to hunt larger critters. When’s the last time someone went on a shooting spree with a .460 Weatherby? When’s the last time on Canadian soil that someone went on a shooting spree with a 25 pound fully rigged out .50 BMG? Not exactly a gangbangers first choice methinks
The question wasn’t whether the .460 can be used to hunt larger critters. Of course it can. The question was whether anyone in Canada needs a 50 caliber rifle (or a .460) to hunt animals in this country. That’s an entirely different question. And I suggested that there must many permitted long guns that will allow a hunter to safely and ethically hunt any animal in Canada. Is that the case?

The question wasn’t whether the .460 can be used to hunt larger critters. Of course it can. The question was whether anyone in Canada needs a 50 caliber rifle (or a .460) to hunt animals in this country. That’s an entirely different question. And I suggested that there must many permitted long guns that will allow a hunter to safely and ethically hunt any animal in Canada. Is that the case?
You’re missing the forest for the trees. These firearms are now illegal under the guise of public safety, yet there is no evidence to support it.

You’re missing the forest for the trees. These firearms are now illegal under the guise of public safety, yet there is no evidence to support it.
But if you are a police officer or someone responsible for sending a police officer out in the field to deal with gangs in Surrey or a wingnut in Nova Scotia would you want to do everything you can to prevent as many guns with the high caliber and the ability to put a large magazine in it, from being out there?

I know it sucks that a collector and the responsible hunter has their rights/property infringed on but tell that to the RCMP/Van PD/OPD officer who has to go tell the wife of his buddy that he is not coming home from his shift.

Sorry but stirring the hornet's nest since my petition was taken down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back