Petition Build a Fish Ladder over the Alouette Dam

Bigguy, I am for any benefit to this system. You are blind if you think I am.trying to.protect.a.backyard fishery.

As a local who works on this system and for our fish I would.just.like to.see the money put elsewhere into the system.
With your knowledge of ONLY the lake trying to get you to actually understand what is REALLY going on in this flow is hard to do lol. Put some actual time in on a system before you feel you need to comment on it.

As I have said before I feel the money would be better spent elsewhere on the system.

And for the record i have signed the petition

Last edited:
Whitebuck, my apologies for making assumptions about you that were incorrect. I thank you for your time and effort on the lower Alouette trying to preserve its Salmon runs. I know you are very passionate about the streams and rivers in the Fraser Valley that you fish regularly. That is a good thing. Without guys like you in the younger generation looking out for our rivers best interests many of our urban rivers would be doomed. Sorry, but I'm getting a little older and I don't hit the rivers these days. When I was younger I enjoyed steelheading and fishing for Salmon in our local rivers. These days I prefer to do my fishing out of my boat mostly on the chuck, but I do enjoy fishing lakes as well. Alloutte Lake is my favorite lake close to Vancouver. It is a great mixed use lake for water sports and fishing. It gives you the experience of being out in the wilderness while only being a short drive from all the major urban centres. I would love to see Salmon traveling through the lake and spawning in the upper reaches again.

The entire park area is a great place to fish and camp. I enjoy overnighting on the shore of the lake after a day on the water in my boat. It is a very special gem hidden from human development that deserves to see Salmon return to it's headwaters.

Thank you to all who signed the petition, especially you Whitebuck. That was a very nice gesture, even though you have misgivings about the project.

love to see a ladder system on the Alouette.
numbers have been good past years, taking eggs this year for a different river was harder than previous the run was smaller and apparently 2-3 weeks late.
the team that look after that river have done an awesome job the last 10 years keep up the good work!!!

Back