Osoyoos Sockeye

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
Thought id give a report since I went down on thursday with my dad. Left my dads place at 430am and was on the water by 630. No parking spots left at the launch. Counted over 40 boats on the lake and all were fishing. Ranging from 12ft tinnys to 25+ft party barges. Wind was going pretty good so it made things interesting for the bigger barges out there getting pushed around a lot. Nailed the first fish at 6:50 on a white flasher with a red and white hootchy at 58ft. Next fish came at around 800 on a gold/silver/white flasher with a pink squirt hootchy at 65ft. Little bit of a lull and then the next fish came at 1015 on a purple uv flasher and a pink and white coho killer at 88ft. Lost one shortly after that then hit the last one at 1215 on a white flaser and a small pink and white spoon at 69ft. We were one of the first or second boats off the water according to the parking lot when we first launched. It was HOT out to say the least. All the fish fought pretty well with the biggest being a male around the 5lb mark with the rest coming in around 3 1/2-4lbs with still a shiny finish to them. Bonked and cleaned right on the lake and put on ice immediately(yes i left the heads on). Filleted my 2 when i got home later that day and cooked half of one up for dinner that night on the bbq. Nice red meat and still tasted delicious. Sorry no pics of the fish but i did take one of the fillets.

Back