opinions wanted....guided hali fishing with electric reel

Reread your first posts. Strongly targeting a specific guide and discrediting his operation when he was doing nothing illegal is not the best way to go about things. If you don't like electric reels and want to discuss the topic on here then more power to you but don't expect to make friends with your original approach.

In terms of electric reels, I'm not a fan but it's far from your longlining accusation. You realize long lining is typically 100s of hooks on a ground line left out for periods of time. Fishing with an electric reel is no different than what every other guy is doing except it's obviously easier to reel in
X2- it's legal so WTH?

Just because it's legal (if indeed just hitting a switch without rod in hand is legal) doesn't make it right. Thats my opinion

Reread your first posts. Strongly targeting a specific guide and discrediting his operation when he was doing nothing illegal is not the best way to go about things. If you don't like electric reels and want to discuss the topic on here then more power to you but don't expect to make friends with your original approach.

In terms of electric reels, I'm not a fan but it's far from your longlining accusation. You realize long lining is typically 100s of hooks on a ground line left out for periods of time. Fishing with an electric reel is no different than what every other guy is doing except it's obviously easier to reel in.

Exactly !

i really thought it was illegal to retrieve a fish with an electric reel???

Back