Only a face his mommy could love!

Cuba Libre

New resident in the Hornby Island area. This old guy is HUGE!
IMGP1468.jpg

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey CL, Can I send you some pictures or video of the same fat ******* to post? I just wish people like I seen today would leave him or her alone.

Must ask about baby fat.. I was told the one the CL posted was a picture of a Baby.. Is this true? As it is a Fat ******* in that case.

I know of some great video and pictures of that Big Baby, if thats the case.

Hey Fish Assassin , definately not a juvenile. Elephant seals don't develop their facial "elephant trunk" until they are mature.Juveniles are often mistaken for big harbour seals.

These guys are making a huge comeback in the Strait of Juan de Fuca , they were hunted for their blubber right up to 1970 in our area.

I think they are the coolest of the seal , sealion family . They can dive to over 1500 feet and can stay down longer than most whales , over an hour!

beemer www.killerwhale.ca

Yes thats a huge bull Saw one one time all the way up in the upper parts of knight inlet was the first ever sighting up that far and he was a monster.
Found this on the net can you imagine a 11,000lb seal OMG let the first nations take one of them you could feed everyone then....

Elephant seals take their name from the large proboscis of the adult males (bulls) which resembles an elephant's trunk.[1] The bull's proboscis is used in producing extraordinarily loud roaring noises, especially during the mating season. More importantly, however, the nose acts as a sort of rebreather, filled with cavities designed to reabsorb moisture from the animals' exhalations. This is important during the mating season when the male seals rarely leave the beach to feed and therefore must conserve body moisture as they have no incoming source of water. Bulls of both the northern elephant seal and the southern elephant seal reach a length of 16 ft (5 m) and a weight of 6,000 lb (2,700 kg) and are much larger than the cows, which typically measure about 10 ft (3 m) and 2,000 lb (900 kg).[2][3] The largest known bull elephant seal weighed 11,000 lb (5,000 kg) and measured 22.5 ft (6.9 m) in length.

Wolf

Back