Older boat for sale

Hey guys I got a call from a friend of mine who passed away last month's wife. She is trying to sell his older 1970's 23 foot Sangster boat with an inboard motor, not sure of the size but it is a merccruiser. It has a cuddy, kitchen, fridge, sonar, Vhf, etc. It has lots of extras in it right down to fishing box, rods, battery charger, booster box, life jackets, 1 manual downrigger. I know he was very sick this last year and never took the boat out at all and he also never had the hull scraped and painted either. There is no trailer with this boat but it does come with moorage at Stones marina at $200 per month.
She is asking $2000 or best offer for it. Everything in the boat is included. If you are interested PM me or call my cell 250-714-2977 and I will arrange a meeting with her and the boat.

Attachments

• Sangster 001.jpg
    Sangster 001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 834
  • Sangster 002.jpg
    Sangster 002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 813
  • Sangster 003.jpg
    Sangster 003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,019
Sorry for the loss of your friend,
Seems like a lot of boat for the money, nice shape too.
good luck with the sale it should be a quick one.
Tim

Thanks Gidyup, looks like you fish the same boat as me but mine has a green top. The boat needs work but hopefully she can unload it quickly.

I fish an explorer 622wa, I just took the green tops off a couple months back and had these new black ones built,
I still have the green ones too not sure why or what I'm going to do with them tho,
I'd probably give them to someone if they needed them

Looks like a great deal for someone with a little mechanical experience and wanting to start out.

If it was a little shorter and a little lighter I would be on that.

Sorry AT..

Bump. Anyone want to revisit this one now that the holidays are over. I am going to go fire this boat up for her this weekend as she does not know how to start it.

I can't believe its still around,
for that matter I cant believe its as old as it is,
it looks great

I looked at it today and yesterday...it does have some potential for the right person. I am the right person, but I already have two projects on the go in my yard now. Penny is a really nice lady and I am sure that if you offer her the right dollar, you'd have it. I know that if I was in the market for another project this boat could be a good one. You'll need some elbow grease and a mechanical mind...but don't let that scare you as Penny is open to offers.

DHA.

would this be good candidate for a pod? I might have a pair of df140's if I upgrade the motors on my boat.

I looked at it today and yesterday...it does have some potential for the right person. I am the right person, but I already have two projects on the go in my yard now. Penny is a really nice lady and I am sure that if you offer her the right dollar, you'd have it. I know that if I was in the market for another project this boat could be a good one. You'll need some elbow grease and a mechanical mind...but don't let that scare you as Penny is open to offers.

DHA.
How about a list of must do to get it fishing again.

@alumaman.

Yes, it could easily be podded.

@powerplant.

If I had some time to give, I would write a list out - it isn't my boat...I think that if you are serious about looking at it you'd make arrangements to go see it in person. Offer her $1000. :)

DHA.

Hey

You have some interest here. Send me a PM if you can as I cant seem to get it sorted out.

Back