OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

IMG_3078.jpg

Fished from 10-2 yesterday, got a 15 lbs spring about 20 feet off the Bell. 66' of water, shiny green dodger and a 3.5 Irish Creme spoon. Beautiful day, light wind and lots of people hooking up.

Good luck out there.

Hey guys. Gonna launch at Mcdonald park for the first time and try to fish the Sandheads and area 29-3 for the first time as well. Looking at the charts but want to make sure I stay in the 29-3 area, any help or tips would be appreciated.

Hey guys. Gonna launch at Mcdonald park for the first time and try to fish the Sandheads and area 29-3 for the first time as well. Looking at the charts but want to make sure I stay in the 29-3 area, any help or tips would be appreciated.

Just read back in the thread about the boundary for the banana and what guys are using , how deep etc etc. lots of good info on here from lots of contributors

Good luck out there

Sze

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I fished T-10 with Cohochinook today, only got pinks and one Jack spring. We fished chovies and had a hootchie and a herring (no flasher) down for a while. At least we had some action, and it was a beauty day on the water.

Good day at Epsom today, a 10lb hatch red on chovy right out of the gate then lots of juveniles for a bit. Bite turned back on mid morning and missed 2 and lost a good one. Won it back and boxed a 17 on herring and a 15 right behind it. Stellar day to be back in the game, after being out most of the season.

Fished the T-10 and QA,, couple of pinks and some jack springs for us as well.
Didn't see a lot of action today as far as springs were concerned but a beauty morning.

I started out at Sandheads. Was obviously LATE to the party, we counted 34 boats. There was a lot of Salad in the water, so we decided to fish the BANANA LINE towards T10

Got an undersized Chinook on a Anchovy in a UV green head with a Chili Pepper flasher at about 70 feet. Then ended up dragging a grisle around on the other line, which was running a Lemon Lime clear blade and a Glow Green Anchovy.

Had something BIG hit the pink hootchie line at 50'. Must have tied a poor knot, as it popped the line right off. I was running an Oki Big Sooter Chartruse UV Blade Flasher with Moon Jelly and a fire stripe on that line.

Two more pinks spat the hook at me.

Then had a nice high teen sized Black Mouth inhale the UV Green anchovy behind the Lemon Lime Flasher. Got some good runs and right up to the boat when my fishing partner misjudged the net, poked it in the nose and knocked it off the hook. Oh well.

Got to the T10, counted 30+ boats, turned around and headed back to Sandheads. My partner gave me a ******** in apology for screwing up with the netting job.

A capilano sized hatchery coho came next. Decided to keep it for breakfast tomorrow. (Fish and eggs is my #1 breakfast of all time.) Then kept a pink for my friend to take home. Both of these fish were on a UV Glow Hootchie and a Bon Chovy flasher.

Hit another big nookie right off the light house on the Chilli Pepper rig, but it spat the hook long and away.

Fantastic day out there. LOTS of boats though.

Fished North Arm to T-10 from 1-5, picked up a nice 23 lbs spring near T-10 on a chovie at 66 feet. No other action for us but saw a few nets out.

I was out solo yesterday morning from 8-12 trolling from T-10 to the north arm and didn't touch anything but a grilse. Tried spoons and hootchies. Next time out I am bringing the MEAT, as those big whites should be showing up soon. Lots of boats out, but didn't see any nets-a-wavin' (also no BJ's for me :)).

Fished T10 yesterday from about 12:45 to 3:15. Had one strike and one hookup that we lost at the boat. Both small, likely pinks. That was it for us. Saw a few boats net fish, but overall it looked pretty slow. Running anchovies between 43 and 77 ft.

Fished T10 on Saturday morning and had no luck - saw a few fish being caught around 9:00ish. Decided to stick to the original plan and headed to Sandheads. We stopped about 1 km north of the channel marker (most boats appeared to be at the mouth) and dropped the first chovy to 51 and before the second line was wet we hit and landed a ~15 lb spring. The springs were obviously holding in the same area as we landed 4 (limit) and lost 6 (one massive hit!). Felt bad as we lost 5 in a row before landing the last one. Chovy's were the ticket on lime green and purple teaser heads (with matching flashers). No pinks!

Actually ended up going 5 for 10 yesterday. 3 pinks and a nice hatch coho. Also released a really nice wild Coho. One triple header when we were just north of T10 which landed 2 of 3 (one of them was the wild Coho). Lost a nice spring right at boat near Sandheads in shallower water. Action came on bait and we had one pink hootchie out that snagged a couple. Depths were 40-70 feet. Had most of the action on the shallower rods.

Got out to the bell buoy today from 6:30-1. We had 3 very nice hits that ended up snapping the lines. Only brought one larger pink in the boat. Learning lesson for tying my knots better I guess :).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Picked up a 20# at sandheads tonight right at sunset. 75' spoon.

Another good day off the front of the airport. N. Arm to T 10 again for us today, a few loops around the area produced some fun action, into six springs a few pinks and a beauty big released sox ........ Took a green and white hootch, most success on Chovy and herring, fished deeper then recently, hit three at 130, others between 80 and 55.
Nice to finally get some nice conditions to fish in these days. Lots of action out there. Go get some fun !

Hi,

Not a fishing report but after having a debate with a guy launching at MacDonald Beach I searched and found all the waypoint locations you can download to PDF. As per what the guys on here have said the boundary for out side the the Banana runs from the end of the Jetty at the north arm to the end of the Jetty just inside the light house at sand heads.

Here is the link as it will be helpful for other areas. Look for this at the top of the page. "Full Document: Pacific Fishery Management Area Regulations, 2007 PDF[872 KB]"

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2007-77/index.html

Cheers, Rob

Fished the Bell today 10-1 .. got into six nice sized springs .. when it went off it went off ! back to back hits all started at 12pm ,hootchie on one side irish cream on the other the hootchie was on fire . 50' - 70' , out tomorrow again get it while it's hot !! . FullSizeRender.jpg

Back