OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any word on targetable numbers of Coho off west van yet? Current work schedule means I only have enough daylight to run to westvan on week nights and still have enough time to fish effectively .

Fished west van tonight, one clipped coho to the boat. Didnt see much action amongst the other half dozen boats out. Mine came at 60' on rigger 105' of water.

Fished westvan also , 4 - 8 , one smack that popped the clip on a white hoochie 27' on the rigger in 50' right as we dropped in then nothing. Didnt see anything else caught , probably 5 or 6 other boats out . What boat were you in bait&sea?

I was out in my zodiac today and had 2 decent hits today 10-3 fishing West Van and the freighters but nothing stuck, I did land a nice sole that I released. I marked a load of fish numerous times in amongst bait balls out among the freighters.
Crabbing was great considering all the commercial traps out......7 legal so I got to sort out the biggest 4, the wife's pretty happy about that.

I'm wanting to get out and do some fishing this Sunday... Where is the best place to go? It seems that the reports have been quite scattered lately. Thrasher? Salamanca? HITW? Hump? Etc... Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thrasher is dead. Was there yesterday all day and only managed 1 undersized. Fished from thrasher up toward entrance Island. Saw several guide boats there, no one getting into fish that we saw. I think it's pretty dead everywhere right now.

db955c11386229d41be52abdace6e157.jpg

Anyone looking for a 12 ft lake boat
Trailer will fit 12 - 14 ft boat.
Package deal $1200.00
Trailer $1000.00
Bearing just redone on trailer

After someone helps Rex4deo with where to fish, can anyone show Princecraft where the Buy and Sell forum is?? :D :D Hahaha.

Just havin some fun. ;) :p

Rex....Predator charters was at Thrasher Weds/Thurs and managed to scrape up a few but definitely not overly hot. Could be a tough weekend for Silva Derby.

I might be heading out this weekend. Where might I have the best chance of finding some fish (chinook, coho, doesn't matter!)?? I was thinking English Bay/West Van, Hole in the Wall, or Cowan's Point maybe?

West Van shoreline has been kicking a few out as of late including a buddy who got one late yesterday.

Hmmm, OK. Anchovies near the bottom is the ticket? Are you going out this weekend? If you see me in a yellow Robalo with a T-top call me on the VFH ch16. I still haven't figured out how to get 88A....

Not sure what they used but can find out.

Get your VHF on to the U.S. settings and you'll find 88A.

16 for emergency use only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume that's directed at me. This is not the first time somebody on the board has given me grief for suggesting that people contact me on VHF ch16, either in a thread or by PM. I've been around boats for a long time and have held a Transport Canada VHF operator certification (now expired). VHF ch 16 is for hailing and distress. I work on the water and have done since the 1990s. You hail me on VHF ch16, we switch to a working channel, all is well.

I've printed the manual for my VHF and have tried every combination of buttons but still haven't gotten 88A on the unit. I'll take another look this weekend.

Pineapple.....chovies along West Van. 70' on rigger in 150' of water. It was yesterday evening...so not sure what tide was doing.

Just in from a morning at Hole in the Wall. Was there 6:30-9:30am trolling between Sunset Marina and Horseshoe Bay. Caught one undersize chinook, and saw another boat with a small chinook too. About 10-15 boats when I left.

Had a double at the pink apartments this morning both undersize [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b133307d1eaf640038ee3c2a41db0580.jpg

Back