Octuna in Westport

They weren't confident in taking peoples money without giving them a good chance at filling the boat so probably no tuna within range. There was a NE the past few days and fish were 65+ miles out last week.

Pretty honourable business owner but still hurts.

Yeah Mark and Merry are great people and run a great business. Sorry you didn’t get out. I have gone two years in September and have had great luck so maybe look at that time frame for next year.

They weren't confident in taking peoples money without giving them a good chance at filling the boat so probably no tuna within range. There was a NE the past few days and fish were 65+ miles out last week.

Pretty honourable business owner but still hurts.
Just bad luck for you guys that the weather and the fish patterns changed

Funny how they have fresh tuna and yellowtail to sell ?
Check out fb posts... ARSC got a commercial license to sell off the boat, prehaps its more profitable to càncel charters and sell what they catch themselves?
Certainly doesnt look like a shortage of fish is the issue

Check out fb posts... ARSC got a commercial license to sell off the boat, prehaps its more profitable to càncel charters and sell what they catch themselves?

Mark did a two day trip. Kind of hard to charter a two day trip with a 29 ft boat. Tuna are a long distance offshore from Westport currently.

Or he's just being an honest guy. Recent reports are bleak.

Trust me he stands to make more money on a 5-6 person charter than scratching for some fish to sell to market. I highly doubt anything sketchy was the motivation.

Back