Octuna in Westport

Itinerary would be:
(Remember you need a valid passport)

Leaving VI Tuesday thru Victoria and driving through Port Angeles and west (negotiated depending on crew).

Possible to stay at Westport Inn for $69 a night. ($79 winter rate $10 off booking with All Rivers. #1 rated hotel in Westport.)

Tuna fishing Wednesday Oct 4th with All Rivers

Stay the night after fishing as driving would be unsafe after a day of tuna fishing. Plus if weather is bad we will try our luck Oct 5th

Chartering the boat with 4 guys instead of 6 anglers, as for more elbow room. Why not? Plus the 1000 pound hold is all theirs (I'm selfish and greedy, hopefully my arms can handle the punishment).

($525 each for 4 anglers, $400 each for 6 anglers to a boat)

Thanks FishAssassin for laying out these details.

I've been asked to clarify that the price is USD$ (and a 15-20% tip is expected, according to All River's website)

And, travel down could be worked out from Vancouver if guys are coming from there.

Bouy weather report FA sent me is even better. Not sure which is more accurate however.
Awesome!! Ya buoy's are a lot more precise. The 150 miles + looks really good too so nothing should sneak up. Rest up those arms cause the bait stops are insane... short pumps

All sorted out?
No idea if it is sorted. But I'm going somewhere with somebodies and tuna type water is involved. If I live to report back than it is sorted. It's not out of Westport...more of a DIY trip but I'm sure we'll git'er done. By 'DYI' I mean more like do it themselves. I'm just going along to brain spike and bleed out the fish. It's going to be awesome, regardless of how sorted it is.

No idea if it is sorted. But I'm going somewhere with somebodies and tuna type water is involved. If I live to report back than it is sorted. It's not out of Westport...more of a DIY trip but I'm sure we'll git'er done. By 'DYI' I mean more like do it themselves. I'm just going along to brain spike and bleed out the fish. It's going to be awesome, regardless of how sorted it is.

Well that sounds pretty cool.... good luck and let her rip man!

Yup, We're at the same hotel too. It's decent, probably the nicest DT there. I was hoping to join you guys on the boat and do 2 days but I heard Andrew P beat me to the seat, lucky guy hahahahaha

Good luck to all! And to all a goodnight (preceeded by an exceptional bait stop).

You too bro! Hope you guys hammer them

To say I'm excited is a pretty big understatement. FA invited me a couple years ago and I couldn't make it. Been a bucket list item for me for quite some time. I'm hoping this will be the major fishing event of my year from now on. I have fished marlin and associated species before but this albacore fishery will be a first for me. Hoping next year we can get a big turnout of bc guys and do a big trip!!!

Last edited:
Back