Ocas in Active Pass

amazing footage! thxs for sharing!

Spectacular!! In all my years on the the water here,I've never seen a pod that large so close up. They are truly a
magestic beast.

Very Cool-Thanks for posting.

One of my guests reported seeing this pod from the Ferry the other day-she was from Oz and said it was the high point of her trip to date.

Cool video.Like how they slap their tales on the water. Ive had a couple close encounters,(surfacing beside our boat) with these majestic beasts fishing Tsawwassen.

Fairly common sight in Sooke. J,K & L pods get together for a total of about 90 whales. They are fairly playful when they are all together, especially when they meet up coming from different directions. They aren't interested in sea mammals, mostly salmon.

Had a pod just outside of Tumbo straight in the kelp beds. Striking distance of where I was fishing for bottom fish
In the center of this kelp were harbor seals feeding, maybe or trapped, knowing the killers were near

I fished this area for a while The seals seemed content, in the middle of the kelp bed. but as soon as the tide changed from high slack to low the pod of Killers had no reserves, and they crossed that kelp bed like a bully hunting for prey, no seals were present afterwards

Was a site to see but gauging on the participating size of the Whales in the assault I can only deduct that this was a juvenile lesson

Kh

largest pod I've seen was maybe 20-25 blackfish out of bella bella area...
very kewl though...

Fairly common sight in Sooke. J,K & L pods get together for a total of about 90 whales. They are fairly playful when they are all together, especially when they meet up coming from different directions. They aren't interested in sea mammals, mostly salmon.

I new it had to be a couple pods together, it was like a killer whale parade ! J pod is the one i usually see off Nanaimo, cool to see so many together.

Back