Oak Bay cancels summer season for the Salmon Seeker in Kano Inlet.

The goverment doesn't give a rat's arse about Joe average Canadian - they're more concerned about lining their own wallets - keeping their rich buddies well heeled.Every gas increase amounts more tax collected.
Look around,soon the N.Island will be just another ghost town:(

I agree with most you guys but the Fact is the Salmon Seeker wont be operating and that means more jobs lost for someone which sucks. Lorne your right maybe they can adjust there trades and work for less wages, less hrs, no benefits, which seems to be the way the work force is going. Hopefully they find something better. Middle class is getting slimmer.

Look around,soon the N.Island will be just another ghost town:( ...........i will still be here sammy,lol....holmes*
That's why i like the way you roll bud,you always stick up for your principles...In the end I'll be able to count on you to turn off the lights ;)

I agree with most you guys but the Fact is the Salmon Seeker wont be operating and that means more jobs lost for someone which sucks. Lorne your right maybe they can adjust there trades and work for less wages, less hrs, no benefits, which seems to be the way the work force is going. Hopefully they find something better. Middle class is getting slimmer.

Or maybe they can just get the permits required? lol

I will be the first to admit i have no clue whats involved, But people these days just give up way to easy. Its so much easier to blame things and throw in the towel then it is to make things happen.

LOL the OBMG isn't going under I was a guide for years for Bob and now I operate my own company out the there marina here in Victoria. There not going anywhere and neither am I... Yes the bizz has changed and yes the economy has changed but damn man we just can't give up it will get better. Yes it's true we are in slow times but lucky for me I'm a tradesmen as well so I work and play and work is play if you know what I mean ha ha.... Keep your lines tight and your tips up fellas better days are coming :) I prey for it everyday!

Or maybe they can just get the permits required? lol

I will be the first to admit i have no clue whats involved, But people these days just give up way to easy. Its so much easier to blame things and throw in the towel then it is to make things happen.

If the problem is that gasoline can no longer be stored onboard. Where do they store gas and how do they refuel? In the past the Salmon Seeker would sail from Givenchy Anchorage to Rennell Sound every few weeks and meet up with a tanker truck to refuel. I would guess that they would have to use a barge now and have it towed to Givenchy. Bob Wright probably got pissed off and said "screw it!" West Coast Resorts moving up to Hippa probably didn't help either.

If this is the case, wonder what they will do with the Charlotte Princess at Langara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back