More salmon-farms in the Clayoquot?

Got a question:-

Who in the world eats the most fish per capita?

Which country consumes the most fish for food?

What species are the most heavily consumed?

Who consumes the most salmon such as Chinook?

Who consumes the most Halibut?

Who consumes the most farmed salmon?

Ever hear of google?

i almost cry when i see the results of salmon farming in Quatsino inlet; where only a few years ago one could see 100s of salmon jumping from the road in coal harbour; mostly dog salmon with some cohos thou; the last couple of years none biologists sampleing apple river last year could find no sign of fry;where thousands of coho spawned in stephens creek; now only a few jumpers show themselves; are mostly noshow also chums and pinks go to sea as small fry and follow a route along shore line; so have to pass throu farms to migrate to sea; springs and coho go as larger smolts so have managed to survived so far; thou marble river hatchery has been unable to obtain brood stock for 2 years; inlet is lined with fish farms; winter harbour sustained large commercial fishery mostly trollers for many years; now gone so thats not the problem; chums runs are good in forward inlet; below farms; DFO says nothing;

Had dinner with the owner of the company that does most of the anchoring for the net pens. I was under the impression with a strong dollar and week markets that the fish farms were pulling back. I was informed they are slated for 30% more sites coming forward in the near future. Wtf this sucks.

Had dinner with the owner of the company that does most of the anchoring for the net pens. I was under the impression with a strong dollar and week markets that the fish farms were pulling back. I was informed they are slated for 30% more sites coming forward in the near future. Wtf this sucks.

Thanks F4A. Sucks is an under statement. Considering the source it could be wishful thinking.

The Cohen report comes out in a couple of weeks and if he gives fish farms a pass, the flood gates could open at DFO.

Definitely worth making a provincial election issue out of. Leases are a provincial matter. Enbridge should not be the only thing on the radar.

Back