O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

This is such an awesome fishery! My first time out was thursday afternoon in front of the north arm from 2:30-6:00. We landed 12 and missed another 12 while training a noob on the rods and net. Thanks to many on this forum for the tips and tricks. It was a little lumpy to start (10-12NW with a good chop) but calmed down around 4:00 (8NW with a a small swell). We found the fish in 120-160ft of water with the riggers at 60-90ft. 2 rods stacked on each rigger with a kone zone off the balls. Steady action on all 4 of the setups that included a classic red flasher, a classic green flasher and 2 hologram flashers that were blue and purple - all with a mix of pink squirt hootchies in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Well south arm on fire for us already calling it a morning, pulling up traps and going home. Good luck everybody!

North arm wasn't to bad this morning. Didn't get anything for the first 45 min. So i shortened my leaders and went 4 for 7 for the next 45 min. And finished before 9am. Couldn' t get into the marina on the low low so had to wait it out for a bit and ended up poling my way in. Better day, found the schools and ended up with three doubles. Only fished two lines. Everything green, with pink squirts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out at the north arm for a few hrs headed out to 300' of water watching the tide move in and sure enough it went off was quick and ended so fast 2 doubles and a single landed two .. 55' 65' on the rigger in the clean water , 75' 80 ' on the rigger in the dirty water seem to work for me , slowly figuring those sox out . Cheers !

18". We're you out on the Tangent this morning? I saw it just ahead of me.

Yup....pink hat usually gives it away.:p Now that I think about it, noticed you as well if you were on the ride in your pic. What make is your ride?

I don't know what the guys in the Albemarle were using but we watched the go 6 for 7 in short order right in front of us.

Took a while but got our limit at the south arm today. All our fish were 2-3 lbs smaller then last weekend but still fun.

Scott , let me know if ur headin out tmrw am... Springs today ???
gotta great report from this mornin...
think i have somthin that may help you...
perhaps send ur f'n hat down 78 :)

be in a 24ft, North River Jet ,nother buddy in a 26 Striper will also be close by
text me if ur about

Yup....pink hat usually gives it away.:p Now that I think about it, noticed you as well if you were on the ride in your pic. What make is your ride?

I don't know what the guys in the Albemarle were using but we watched the go 6 for 7 in short order right in front of us.

Scott , let me know if ur headin out tmrw am... Springs today ???
gotta great report from this mornin...
think i have somthin that may help you...
perhaps send ur f'n hat down 78

be in a 24ft, North River Jet ,nother buddy in a 26 Striper will also be close by
text me if ur about

Hahahahaha!!! :p Pinky isn't going anywhere although pinky tends to offer up better results around Thrasher in the spring and the WCVI.

Doubt we'll be making it out tomorrow but ya never know. We are likely doing Tues or Weds.

I eagerly await the "Intel" text. Feel free to taunt with pictures tomorrow but will send a message if things change.

We only gave the springs a short run around to the Bell. Given the report I had last night from a buddy I wish we had time to hit the North Shore. ;)

FYI.....for all out there. Running back to Jericho at noon....sockeye jumping all along the channel markers inside and our pretty much right down to Jericho Sailing Center. Saw a few stragglers jumping between Jericho and RVYC....side jumpers so they weren't coho. :D

Mine's a North River. I ended up in the shallows while cleaning fish and cut behind you guys trying to work my way back out. Didn' t notice the Abermarle. You guys kept going, I hung around.

North arm wasn't to bad this morning. Didn't get anything for the first 45 min. So i shortened my leaders and went 4 for 7 for the next 45 min. And finished before 9am. Couldn' t get into the marina on the low low so had to wait it out for a bit and ended up poling my way in. Better day, found the schools and ended up with three doubles. Only fished two lines. Everything green, with pink squirts.
Glad to hear you gotem today bud, the old short leader trick works every time LOL

We worked pretty hard getting them all today, loosing as many as we landed and only getting them one at a time………finished with 20 @ 2pm
Fished from the t10 to the south arm 90' was our best #

Just a quick note. If you see a 14' tin boat towing a 18 fibreglass boat up the river don't just drive by looking stop and help. Thanks to the three bigger boats that past me.

I managed to get out after kids soccer for the night bite at 3pm. Lots of nets in the river on the way to to the sandheads. I never managed to get all the lines in the water as the fish were hitting fast and furious. Lots of big schools and lots of jumpers for the first 1.5 hours and got 4 of 7 (two doubles) before they got scarce. Got one with a lamprey attached which came off as soon as the fish was in the boat. Left at 5pm. Probably try tomorrow again.

I managed to get out after kids soccer for the night bite at 3pm. Lots of nets in the river on the way to to the sandheads. I never managed to get all the lines in the water as the fish were hitting fast and furious. Lots of big schools and lots of jumpers for the first 1.5 hours and got 4 of 7 (two doubles) before they got scarce. Got one with a lamprey attached which came off as soon as the fish was in the boat. Left at 5pm. Probably try tomorrow again.

Good going! We started at the same time and fished till dark as fish didn't cooperate much for us tonite except this brute!image.jpg

Just a quick note. If you see a 14' tin boat towing a 18 fibreglass boat up the river don't just drive by looking stop and help. Thanks to the three bigger boats that past me.

Hey Princecraft good on ya towing a fellow boater in. Going out tomorrow on my buddies Commander hopefully hit some schools how did you make out before the tow?

Thats what C-Tow is for unless the boat is in danger, otherwise you are putting yourself in danger.

IMG_3529.jpgIMG_3527.jpg

After losing so many fish while trying to net them I built this slide and have been using it for a few years. It works great as you don't have to wait for the guy on the net or there is one in the net and can't get to the double or triple. You just drag them into the well and it's over.

The other day we caught 12 out of 13 and one was a triple and got them all in.

Hope to get out Tuesday or Wednesday.

codfather that's brilliant ! i line all my sox in to and lost so many , haha you can keep the fishes swimming motion right up to the boat and into the box especially when fishing solo , Thanks for that :D

View attachment 13913View attachment 13914

After losing so many fish while trying to net them I built this slide and have been using it for a few years. It works great as you don't have to wait for the guy on the net or there is one in the net and can't get to the double or triple. You just drag them into the well and it's over.

The other day we caught 12 out of 13 and one was a triple and got them all in.

Hope to get out Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back