O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Great - thanks.

Hopefully we can hook into one tomorrow.

Last time these conditions lined up (8:45 low with low light conditions and overcast) we smashed a few good ones.

hope to see some of you out there.

Say hi to three guys in a white Double Eagle with no top and no name. If its sunny, tarps will be off. If its rainy, black jackets will be on.

Sounds good. Had a buddy nab a couple on the low change later on Monday....cloudy, late day light too. If you can, keep us posted but almost more interested if there are TONS of boats again. ;)

May sneak out for a couple hours in the afternoon.....

I will post live from the water tomorrow after we either boat a fish, give up on boating a fish, or get frustrated from the quantity of boats and give up for that reason.

How high do tides need to be to get a 17 foot Double Eagle to the public dock at Ambleside?

Trying to decide if I can get picked up there for first light, or if I need to find my way to Burrard Civic to avoid any issues.

I won't be launching, just hoping on board a boat that is already afloat.
small boats can approach the wharf at 4 foot tide level, otherwise elevate the leg and pretend your a jet boater!
tides are okay until early morning mid-week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Goat!

Navionics says 5.5 ft tides when I want to board.

Leg will be up as far as she can go, and I make sure to give it a big push when I hop on.

At sandheads right now. Actually just heading back to the island, lines in at 8 am. About a dozen boats. Didn't see any caught, none for us as well. Bait, spoons, and plastic nada. Pros: flat calm on the water. Con: must remember to hook flasher to mainline before throwing over. Oops. Will try the middle of straight as we saw some finning on the way over.

Took down a teen spring shortly after the flood started at the Cap.

Crazy car fire on the bridge, great view point from the water.

Fish on chovie - glow - bottom

Saw 2 other fish boated and a couple lost, but overall it was much more quiet than last weekend and the weekend before that.. For our boat at least.

Snuffy the seal even caught a big one, and i didn't see him steal it from an angler..

I always thought "throw a flasher in that's not clipped to mainline. how could you do that?" Well now I know. Lol. Still better than working on my fence.

My two year old grand daughter saw her Dad tossing the flasher over a couple of times....reached into the gunnel and took the flasher I had just paid 13 bucks for 2 hrs. earlier and tossed it over the side...just trying to help!

T10 to Sandheads today with anchovies and hearing from 8am-12pm. Was running late, so didn't spend much time around Sandheads. No bites and didn't see any other fish caught (but there weren't many people out).

Started my day at T10 at 1100am, fished till 100pm, headed to sandheads and fished till 430pm. Tried all depths on the lines and all depths of water...Not a bite. Tried leader lengths from 4-6 feet, tried anchovies and CKs...saw no fish caught either...at the dock a pro boat just came back from ambleside and said they to were skunked and saw next to nothing being caught. Hoping the lack of rain forecasted for next week will have some fish start holding...will try ambleside next week...probably last go then to rivers I will head...

Well we covered the afternoon shift from 1 till 6:30 and no love for us either and didn't see anything caught either. Just a magic day out there though with the water like glass all the way out from Captain's Cove and 22 in the sunshine. Saw loads of fish on the finder at Sandheads between the red bell buoy and the red/white can at 25 feet but just couldn't get a bite. Seals and porpoises were there in numbers as well so figure must have been fish we were marking. Tried chovie,spoons,hootchies and squirts but nadda.
That's it for us for this year....did I say that last Sunday as well? :rolleyes:
A guy at the dock did say his buds did get 6 springs this past Monday in much rougher weather though.

20141004_180755[1].jpg

Back