Not to brag but check out my new boat storage

You used to see a lot of rail ramps on resistances on the coast back 30 - 40 years ago, I’ve noticed it’s not so common any longer.

Campbell River had a lot of such track launches along the waterfront. For some reason most are gone now. Maybe a lot of maintenance and replacement cost in saltwater.

Campbell River had a lot of such track launches along the waterfront. For some reason most are gone now. Maybe a lot of maintenance and replacement cost in saltwater.

still a couple kicking around i think...Painter Barclay area. Used to be a real swank neighborhood but has kinda slipped last few decades . I would imagine this would be grandfathered thing, just like a lot of the boathouses in the same area that they can’t ever rebuild or get insurance for

Beauty,there's still a few old ramps in Brentwood Bay.Look how close his shafts are to the dolly.Must have precise marking to get that.

Used to have rails from Oyster Bay to Campbell River at every resort.
Had to take them out in the winter.

Go by that place every time I depart or enter my marina .... yep the rich and famous. The big house around the point to the south of there (and just north of the big "private" manufactured bay/beach ) in 5200 blk Marine Drive was used in the recent movie "The Art of Racing In The Rain". The house right out farthest jutting out on that point ( Seaside Pl.) apparently use to be Arthur Griffiths place well before he lost almost all his assets - it also has a similar yacht garage

Last edited:
Back