Nootka vs Bamfield

Gomesy

Crew Member
Hi everyone. I've learned a ton reading all your posts here. Some great tips and information to be had. It's awesome having a forum to allow the recreational fishermen a place to communicate and prove that we are a family.

Now to my question. I'm planning a trip to the west coast the weekend of September 10/11th. I've been to Nootka sound a couple of times and am familiar with the area. I've never been to Bamfield and was wondering, at this time of year, where's better place to fish? I feel more comfortable fishing out of Nootka but if Bamfield is better, then it makes my decision a bit more difficult.

I plan on fishing for everything from Halibut, Lings, Snapper, and of course some nice silver slabs. Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I run a 17.5ft Double Eagle with a GPS/sounder and would like to go offshore weather permitting.

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.

If I was only going out for a weekend, I'd stick with what I was familiar with. Seems like it always takes me a couple of days just to get a new area figured out.....Unless you're hiring a guide.

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

Fishing Nootka that time of year you should be able to get some coho inside.I am heading up Sept.6-9 for some coho hopefully they are there taking my dad on his first trip to the westcoast.Hope this helps.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

bajo reef at the whistle boy. aug 25. best fishing this season for me. might be to late when you go. 20 min. run from the light. 3 springs a halibut and ling. coho awsome 2 keepers released 6 wild.

kenb

Back