Noob Going to Island to do Fishing -Advice PLS

D

Dude

Im planning on heading down to Vancouver Island from Tsawassen from Thursday to Saturday
want to do some fishing But I dont have a Boat. Is there any Near Shore i Can fish into ....what is there to catch rockcods, lingcods, bass?? Any advice would help
as well as what i should be using. And yesss as you might have figured out by now im a total noob just wanna leave richmond for few days to get away and catch some decent size fish [8D]

www.trekpc.ca

Good luck Dude.....
Hear the they are deep right now. Been fishing Otter(Sooke) off the rocks snd there is a bit of bait up tight and getting lots of lings that are way too small to keep. Not any signs of good salmon fishing but have an hour to kill, might as well try..
I would check out Odgen pt..(not for long if there isn't any bait around). Try Gonzalas pt (golf course;)) or have a look at Oak bay marina... walk the Jedi :)D)

I should Mention that Im plannig on going to victoria area unless someone knows other better places to get some good fishing from the shore.

www.trekpc.ca

You can try spin casting off Beachy Head, 20 min. drive from Victoria to East Sooke Park, pack a lunch, leave your car in the parks parking lot and there is a nice trail hike, 20-30 min. hike in. Just follow the trail signs. Once you get to the top of the rock bluff you have to hike down/traverse the face down to the water line to get to the point. Wear good hiking shoes, bring a good spin casting rod and reel, even a spare reel or spool or line for back up, bring buzz bombs and lures. I used to catch black bass and rock cod from the shore there using leaded white fly jigs working the shore bottom..just don't wait till it hits the bottom or you will get snagged up... Just watch for big swells, If your standing on the outer rock area of the point just watch for big swells, they can engolf the entire point, very powerfull and take you in.. just be carefull some thing to watch for. Had it happen to me once.. I saw the huge swell coming.. I had to turn and sprint up the rocks, swell came in hard 20 feet in picked up my back pack and the swell current it picked it up and took it out to sea!! could of been me! I had my keys, wallet all my gear in my back pack ! lol..current took it into the bay, I had to hike all the way around and took 30 min. of casting to hook my back pack up and slowly inch by inch brought it back to shore ! lol.. . lots of great stories off that point.. saw some of the best salmon fishing I have ever seen off that point back in the days..

quote:Originally posted by Dude

I should Mention that Im plannig on going to victoria area unless someone knows other better places to get some good fishing from the shore.

www.trekpc.ca

Ogden pt, Oak Bay marina and Gonzalas pt are all right in Victoria

Back