Nokian all weather tire recommendation

TenMile

So after yesterday's snow, I am sure Kal Tire and the rest of the rubber outlets are likely very busy. If any of you are considering some new rubber for your car/truck, I'd strongly recommend the Nokian WR. I'm now on my second set of these badboys and they perform great. They are a different category of tire in that they are an "all weather" tire (not all season) and as such, are a full winter rated tire -- but can be used all year with a 100K tread wear warranty.

I really like these tires for Victoria weather. They are great on ice/snow and in the wet. I find them just as good as a full snow tire -- and superior in wet weather. I like it because you just put them on, rotate them as required and never have to bother about swapping snow tires and summer tires.

Got mine at Kal Tire: http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11899&group=1.02&name=Nokian WRG2 -- not affiliated, just a recommendation.

I'm looking for tires for the wifes car soon.What kind of money would I guy have to pay for a set of those?

There are not cheap.I just put a set on my wifes civic(195/65/15) they were $780 taxes and install included at kal tire.So far they are performing great.

I have to second the recommendation. The Nokian WR (Winter-rated) 4-season tires are excellent in the snow, ice, and rain!

I had my first pair on my last company van when we had a bunch of snow in Vancouver the winter before last, and they were great! When I first got them put on, I went into the side roads where the streets were rutted and frozen, the snow was piled up on sides from plowing, and tried to get stuck. I know that sounds silly but having grown up in Ontario, driving in the snow doesn't faze me, and I wanted to see how they performed. I couldn't get stuck. They pulled their way through everything I went through, and performed admirably.

I was insistent on getting the same tires on my new van, and got them installed about a month ago.

Not having used Nokian in the past, I must say that particular model works really well.

Probably not the cheapest tires, but I'd say they are worth the money.

Just got a quote today for our small SUV from Kal and it was $940 installed.

860.00 for a 2006 Honda Civic (205/55R16) Just got off the phone from tire store.Guy said that they are great tires.

Another vote for the Nokian WR. I put some on my wife's car a couple of years ago, and they are amazing. It's a nice feeling knowing her car is safe and you don't have to swap them out in the spring. As noted earlier, they have the highest snow and ice rating, but have the ride quality and tread life (100,000 km) of an all season. They are a premium tire and cost a bit more then some winter tires, but the savings in swap overs pays for itself shortly, plus KalTire backs you with amazing support and service.

Pete

gotta give the thumbs up to Kal Tire too -- I had the belts separate on 2 of these tires -- pro-rated warranty after 2 years and it cost me $40 for 2 new tires.

These are the tires I will be going to next for sure. I currently am on my second set of Yoko A/T's which have been great in winter/snow/ice....but just what I have read about the Nokian's I think I am leaning that way.

Anyone in the lower mainland...I would highly recommend calling National Tire Wholesale on River Road in Delta. They have killed EVERYONE for pricing when myself and friends have bought tires over the past 8 years or so.

Thanks for the great info but just to be clear are we talking about the WR or the WRG2. Need to put a set of tires on the wifes car.
Scott

The G2s are the newer version -- I've used both -- go with the newest technology.

Back