Noisy Hamilton 212 jet

Gibson19

I have a 2004 North River jet boat with a 5.7 LT 330 hp engine and Hamilton 212 pump.
There is what I would consider to be a bearing noise coming from the jet noticeable at idle and off idle. I have greased the nipple on the housing.
The boat has no loss of performance or rpm change.
I have no experience with jet pumps so any ideas may be appreciated.
Thanks

I have a 2004 North River jet boat with a 5.7 LT 330 hp engine and Hamilton 212 pump.
There is what I would consider to be a bearing noise coming from the jet noticeable at idle and off idle. I have greased the nipple on the housing.
The boat has no loss of performance or rpm change.
I have no experience with jet pumps so any ideas may be appreciated.
Thanks

I've had a similar experience with a main bearing failure.... mine was making a racket when i dealt with it. They can go for a bit before they fail... just be happy it didn't go and leave you stranded. I ended up doing it myself - pulled the jet assembly out to get at it. Rebuilt the jet on the bench while I had it out. I later learned you can separate the pump/engine by loosening motor mounts enough to get at the bearing (Boat was a Customweld Storm). Besse Marine Service's (Curtis Besse) is a good resource 604-835-4176. He's in Silverdale on the mainland, not sure where you're at, but he's a good place to start.

I've had a similar experience with a main bearing failure.... mine was making a racket when i dealt with it. They can go for a bit before they fail... just be happy it didn't go and leave you stranded. I ended up doing it myself - pulled the jet assembly out to get at it. Rebuilt the jet on the bench while I had it out. I later learned you can separate the pump/engine by loosening motor mounts enough to get at the bearing (Boat was a Customweld Storm). Besse Marine Service's (Curtis Besse) is a good resource 604-835-4176. He's in Silverdale on the mainland, not sure where you're at, but he's a good place to start.
Sounds good.
Thanks

Sounds good.
Thanks
Finally getting at this project. I have the housing off the rear of the pump exposing the shaft and cotter pin by the seal. Does the shaft come out the front or can the bearing and seal simply be removed off the shaft from the front? Does the cotter pin have to be removed off the main shaft?
Any advise is welcome.

Back