Trade: Chev 358 for 70-90 hp Yamaha 2-stroke (or comparable)

OceanCable

Trade:

I am looking to find some main power for my boat... preferably something like a 70-90 yamaha 2-stroke. I will consider slightly smaller four strokes but I am avoiding excessive weight, maybe 50-60 4-stroke. I am not interested in any of the V4 configuration motors. If you have anything like this let me know...

Here is what I have to offer...

2 bolt main with virtually no core shift, .040" over. All flashing die ground from block.
GM cast crank with K type connecting rods, balanced and weight matched
Clevite 77 bearings
Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons, flat top.
Hastings rings
GM high volume oil pump
Crane Cams Blueprint series cam, mechanical cam/lifters
ARP mains and connecting rod bolts
Cloyes double roller timing chain
Eldelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, powder coated black (new)
Holley 650 cfm, mechanical secondaries carb. (new)
MSD probillet distributor with 6AL module and blaster coil
Taylor plug wires
GM cast iron bell housing, center corrected, powder coated black
GM Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate
GM alternator
GM starter
Spare deep sump oil pan
Carter fuel pump
A pair of Hedman Headers that fit a '66 Elky etc.
I will include everything that I have that is relevant to this motor

492 angle plug heads loaded with,
- Manley pro flow valves 2.02" x 1.6" (new)
- Crane Cams Lash caps (new)
- ARP studs and head bolts
- Crane Cams valve springs (matched to cam)
- Comp Cams cromoly roller tip rockers (new)
- Chevrolet valve covers (new)
- 3/8" dia. Chet Herbert chromoly pushrods
- Intake & Exhaust ported by AFR (years ago before all the nice CNC aluminum heads became available)
- CC'd chambers by AFR (cant recall if they were 62 or 65)

The story:

I built this motor to replace a blown motor that came in a '66 Elcamino I used to have. I barely broke in this motor(less than 5 hours total running time) and I blew the rear end which was some weird size so I decided to rebuild the car... than I came to the realization that I could use my time more wisely(fishing)... sold the car, kept the motor. I did a job for a guy who couldn't pay up and he offered me a new set of Manley pro flow valves in exchange... I pulled the heads, did the work and never bothered to bolt them down as I had nothing to put the motor in. I put a lot of care and attention into this motor, more than necessary as I thought I would likely never sell it... This motor had a wicked crackly idle with the flat tops and mech cam.. I wish it was running to show that. That said the heads can easily be pulled off for inspection and probably the oil pan too. I have always rotated the motor over every month or so while priming the oil pump to ensure the bearings aren't compromised. I still have all the receipts from building this motor and they go up into the 6-7k mark... That said I don't expect to get anything near that in trade... I am thinking of an equivalent value of $2000 - $2500

Thanks for looking!

OceanCable

SAM_1045.jpgSAM_1074.jpgSAM_1060.jpgSAM_1071.jpgSAM_1055.jpg

Man, would I love to shoehorn that beauty into my old 3 series BMW, pop on some drag tires and let'er rip. Good luck. There's lots of guys getting rid of their 2 strokes right now, so I am sure you will get a deal done.

Back