New Yamaha F200

Etec does have cross border warranty. I bought my '13 250 @ Bayside Marine in everett and brought it up for the fraction of the cost of one up here.

If you haven't considered an Evinrude Marty, they are worth a look!

I though about the Etec but to be honest I am not a big fan of there styling and I want to get away from a two stroke I hate always having to check and fill the oil tank. The more I think about it I am worried about the F200 and my insurance as they they might not like the idea of over powering. My boat is rated for 175hp and I might have to go to the new F175 the only issue is that it is the same motor as the F200 and it sucks knowing there are 25hp trapped in it. Now that I am thinking 175 I am also giving the Zuke 175 a serious look.

I have 2014 yamaha from the states warrenty is no good in Canada but if you have a big problem just bring the engine back across the border for any major problem.

Marty you will get the best deal AT the boat show. I am buying a new 115 4 stroke for my 18' aluminum, have been waiting a couple of months now for the boat show as the dealers get extra incentives from the factories. I talked to a couple of dealers I know and they told me to wait. the exception would be if you find a new 2014 that's been sitting around the show room for a while. I'm either buying the etec or the zuke. the new 115 mercs are nice but the price is ridiculous compared to the others. don't overpower or you will have problems with your insurance and will be liable for any damage you do, plus your boat warranty, if you have one, will be void. I certainly wouldn't even consider overpowering a bayliner.

cheers and gl with your purchase.

Marty you will get the best deal AT the boat show. I am buying a new 115 4 stroke for my 18' aluminum, have been waiting a couple of months now for the boat show as the dealers get extra incentives from the factories. I talked to a couple of dealers I know and they told me to wait. the exception would be if you find a new 2014 that's been sitting around the show room for a while. I'm either buying the etec or the zuke. the new 115 mercs are nice but the price is ridiculous compared to the others. don't overpower or you will have problems with your insurance and will be liable for any damage you do, plus your boat warranty, if you have one, will be void. I certainly wouldn't even consider overpowering a bayliner.

cheers and gl with your purchase.

Stop by our booth when your down at the show and let me see what i can do on that new 115 mercury...

I'll do that IMRINC, the quote I got the the 115 merc before was ridiculous, talked to someone today and the pricing was much better, I think it was the one dealer who was out to lunch and I mistakenly assumed his price was the norm on the mercs. so they are a definite option for me now. I think it'll be the nmerc or the etec as the suzuki dealer is a ways away from me. see you at the show.

cheers nicnat

I'll do that IMRINC, the quote I got the the 115 merc before was ridiculous, talked to someone today and the pricing was much better, I think it was the one dealer who was out to lunch and I mistakenly assumed his price was the norm on the mercs. so they are a definite option for me now. I think it'll be the nmerc or the etec as the suzuki dealer is a ways away from me. see you at the show.

cheers nicnat

Hey nicat, any update on the boat show prices. What motor did you decide on and did you get a good price. Who won your hard earned dollar.

Oly

Hi Oly, I bought the ETEC from Murray at Lordship, it was a coin flip pretty much between it and the merc. also had a great deal offered on a 2014 115 zuke from Poco marine. They thru in a stainless prop at the show along with controls gauges and a 7 yr warranty for a decent price. with the dollar the way it is we will be seeing some price increases on the american made motors pretty quick. I'm pretty sure merc has their prices good until tradex in abbotsford, but after that they are expecting an increase, evinrudes could be anytime as they usually happen in feb. I haven't had the boat out yet just got it home with the new motor the other day. waitin for some flat calm to test the prop.

cheers NIcnat

new evinrude g2 200hp, would definitely consider looking at, and phoning around for $$$. on a 5gal remote tank i only check the oil 3-5 days (G1). the hard part lifting the lid to look at it. no throttle cable, drive by wire. no oil changes, etc etc

good luck bones

Marty, sorry to hijack, did you buy your new motor yet?? and if so what did you buy?

cheers Nicnat

Hi Oly, I bought the ETEC from Murray at Lordship, it was a coin flip pretty much between it and the merc. also had a great deal offered on a 2014 115 zuke from Poco marine. They thru in a stainless prop at the show along with controls gauges and a 7 yr warranty for a decent price. with the dollar the way it is we will be seeing some price increases on the american made motors pretty quick. I'm pretty sure merc has their prices good until tradex in abbotsford, but after that they are expecting an increase, evinrudes could be anytime as they usually happen in feb. I haven't had the boat out yet just got it home with the new motor the other day. waitin for some flat calm to test the prop.

cheers NIcnat

Hey NIcat, great to hear you got your motor. Have you had Evinrudes before or is this your first one. I was looking at them at the boat show earlier this year. The 115 isn't the same technology as the new 200 with the new cowling is it. I don't know too much about the new Evinrudes, but the boat show talk makes them look pretty good. I will be looking forward to seeing how they perform after a couple of seasons. If they prove themselves, I think that is what I am going to be looking at.

Oly

new evinrude g2 200hp, would definitely consider looking at, and phoning around for $$$. on a 5gal remote tank i only check the oil 3-5 days (G1). the hard part lifting the lid to look at it. no throttle cable, drive by wire. no oil changes, etc etc

good luck bones

Hey bones, what year is your Evinrude. I also like the new G2 Series. They look awesome. And the performance is supposed to be great. A bonus is the 500 hours before first tune up. That's quite a few years of hours for many boaters. That 300 on your trophy must make it fly. What do you gets for mileage or per hour usage with that engine.

Oly

Well, I'm confused on who's buying a motor and if they got one yet.

It's a 24' older trophy offshore rated at single 225 or 250hp.
The rude is a 2010 300 older model. WOT is 61mph (GPS). That day it was 3 guys couple rods and half tank of fuel, approx 70gal.

We cruise around at 4500 ish and 10G/hr doing 35-38mph (something like that, been a long winter)

The 500 hr service is great, no steering cable anymore, just a wire. The lower housing was changed to help plane time etc. What did lordship say about the torque and hole shot?

Nicnat you'll love the rude sound, or lack of. They troll down to 500rpm. Mine smoke little, but not like a cold morning and you just fired up a black max, lol

I have pretty much settled on a zuke 175 which I think will be a great fit the boat. I am waiting to see if I get any interest in the old motor. Most have probably seen that I have posted my opti up for sale. Seems to be very little interest what do you guy's think too expensive or just too early in the season?

Hi Marty I think your price is probably too high, although it does have low hours, but still 10 yrs old. I sold my 2003 90 zuke 4 stroke for $2500 (was asking 3000)during the boat show otherwise i was going to be trading it in on the new motor ( was only gonna get 1500-2000 on a trade in). mine had 1500 hours on it but ran like new and the guy should get close to 3000 hrs out of it, good deal for both of us. I just didn't want to get stuck and not have to pay a lot more for the new engine as i was buying a merc or the etec and with the dollar those motors are going up. I would've bought another zuke if there was a dealer closer to me, i loved my zuke, never let me down.

Back