New use for a wash-down pump!

Cuba Libre

I have had the pleasure of my daughter and grandgirls visiting for the last week. A couple of days ago, grampa decided to take them fishing. Their mom packed enough food to feed half of the Syrian refugees in BC, and off we went to search for the illusive lingcod and salmon. They got excited when we jigged a couple of flounders for bait.. and then reverted back to their Ipads when the lings would not cooperate. After a while we played tag with a undersized ling, and that got them interested. Finally after a while, my oldest granddaughter nailed a legal ling . Hi-fives all round. But the tide and wind conspired to prevent the youngest (9 yrs) from getting a fish. No matter however. We decided to troll for salmon. I am at the stern of the boat when BOTH girls climb into the co-pilots seat. And the squalling starts! Mother tells them to stop fighting and one of them to get off the seat before they break it. Well-- they ignore dear old mom! So-- it was time for Grampa to reiterate that YOU LISTEN UP WHEN YOU ARE ON GRAMPAS BOAT. Its amazing how quickly they listened to me and stopped fighting when I hit them full bore with the washdown pump!!!!! I highly recommend this method of behavior modification for kids on a boat. Much simpler than throwing them overboard and having to drag them back in!!! :rolleyes:

Back