new to Tofino

mjd

Aloha all

I just moved to Tofino and sold my boat before coming out. If anyone wants or needs an extra hand fishing in this area in exchange for some gas money I would be happy to help. I spent the last 10 years fishing open waters in Hawaii so I am no stranger to working on boats. I am planning on buying a boat this winter so any experience I can gain on the local waters would much appreciated.

Thanks
matt

Matt.....although it would "cost" some $$$ you may want to look at doing a shared charter.

No better way to learn the local scene than getting out with one of the guides. They can show you the places both "outside" and the "inside" waters.

There are a couple of members on this board who are guides over there; you may want to check with them a I am sure they'll pipe in.

You're in one of my favourite places in BC....was just over there fishing last week and did pretty darn well.

I agree with Pippen - there is no better way of learning the local waters, gear to run etc. than to hire one of the local guides. I have done it for years every time I explore new areas and it has paid off in spades. Not only that but both Tofino and Ucluelet have in my opinion some of the best guides on the west coast. best of luck mjd.

h.e.h.

Thanks for stopping in to the shop Matt. We'll help you where we can....

Thanks Jay for talking story with me the other day. Cant wait to get my feet wet out here.

Thanks guys, yep I agree, without a doubt, that charter guys now their area and how to consistently produce fish. But I am hoping to meet some people that are looking for an extra hand on a more regular basis. I don't think i could afford to go fish with a charter when ever I had free time. Although, with only 2 replies It is starting to look like my best option at this point.

A good deck hand where I used to fish is literally worth their weight in gold. So I guess I am trying to find someone that would be willing to share some knowledge for some gas money and and some help loading up and washing down.

aloha

Back