NEW TO FORUM

repeat offender

BEEN READING FORUMS FOR A FEW MONTHS. GREAT INFO THANKS TO ALL USERS FOR THE GREAT TIPS...
I'M FROM GIBSONS AND NEW TO SALMON FISHING BUT I LOVE IT...
IT'S BEEN SLOW AROUND HERE HOWEVER HAVE CAUGHT 2 SPRINGS OFF TWIN ISLANDS (GAMBIER) OVER THE PAST WEEK. ANY INFO OF WHERE TO TRY AROUND HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Welcome to the forum!

There will be feeder/winter springs around Bowen (south and east side), Paisley and Tunstall area. I have only got out a couple of times in the past couple of years for the winters and only have managed 2 fish, but fish for them pretty deep.

The Defence Islands hold fish in winter into spring ditto Cotton Point but it's usually lousy fishing around Gibsons has been for years now.

Tunstall as mentioned on the flood right on the bottom.

BTW-shut the caps lock off we can hear you fine.

I'm going out this afternoon so I'll try Tunstell bay.Thanks again and will let you know the results.
I'll try to be more quiet the fish spook easily...LOL

Do yourself a favour Offender, and unlock the CAPS LOCK when typing on a forum. CAPS LOCK is viewed as shouting. :)

just some friendly advice and welcome to the forum.

this is a great group, knowledgable and friendly. The wealth of information from this site cannot be rivalled.

Cheers

Oooops, perhaps I could use a little advice too like read all teh damn posts before you post something completely redundant:D

Sorry all

Cheers

I should apologize I'm not to familiar with internet lingo.
Nothing intended and thanks for the advice.

BTW- one undersize fish today on purple haze hootchie at 156'

One thing to keep in mind are the Rockfish Conservation Areas. Be sure to check them before you head out to Paisley.

Another place that can hold a spring or two is Salmon Rock and Gower Point. Problem is they are pretty exposed.

Thanks Pablo. I try to target the salmon more then anything,

however for some reason I can't seem to keep flounders off my line.

Seems like half the time I'm draging them around.

Probably the reason for my poor fish count???

What Pablo is saying you can't fish in those rockfish conservation areas.Good luck

Mike

I did not know that? I thought these areas were only closed to retention of rock fish. Thank-you for clearing that up oguard.
I did not understand what pablo met by that.

Makes me wonder how much confusion the Rockfish Conservation Areas cause due to the name alone. Guess we're stuck with the name now though....

Please don't take offence with my comment, but seeing as you were already misinterpreting the fishing regulations, my guess is that you weren't catching "Flounder" either.

You were probably catching Lemon Sole as opposed to Starry given where you are fishing.

Back