new tackle shop on island highway

Thank you all who are posting your comments here to us at Wise Buys, 3 am - 7pm daily right thru summer !!!!! Coffee will be ready for ya and so will we. New inventory arrived on Friday afternoon to top up some of those gaps. I have a new line of pre rigged Supertackle hoochies ( quick change) in a huge variety of new colours should be here mid week , also big bait order in by Wednesday with lots of goodies for all you hali hunters. Leader brag board is up and I'm waiting for the first pic to take and slap it up. I am currently working on a promotion with one of my suppliers to that surley will intrigue a few of you out there, I will keep you posted and up to date of what we are up to. Wise-Buys Fishing Supplies Facebook will give you a little preview of what we supply check it out and send a like our way

Thank again Bill

You guys have a great location and the hours make it convenient for the early morning guys. Just a shame that the number of guys going fishing in the Sooke area is probably less than a 10th of what it used to be only a few years ago.

Careful what you wish for. I think if Sooke was stacked with anglers the fishing would be quite slow. More anglers won't change the # of fish caught by much it just spreads them out over more boats.

I also checked out the new store and liked it. Good luck to the owners their location has seen a few business' in the last 5 years I hope this one can stick.

Drove right by it yesterday on the way fishing ,but was in Colwood today so decided to stop by and check it out. The staff seemed quite friendly and the prices were fair and there was just about everything a guy would need. Now if they could work out something with the gas bar and the liquor store it will be the hottest store in Colwood in the morning. I wish them all the best.

I stopped in on a sales call today { they now carry Pirates Den Fishing LED lights and lures } and got to meet the entire staff at Wise-Buys. They are good, helpful people there.

The store is about one thing and one thing only- FISHING. There are no guns, no archery equipment, no camping gear. Its fishing only. And this is a good thing as they are focused and floor space is dedicated to the sport. If you are in the area, do stop by. You'll be glad you did.

I'm sure this is one store that will see many years of service. Best of luck to the entire staff- you got a good thing going on !!!

I think we should support them, as they r giving us better prices and trying to catering to the fisherman, if they dont have it, they will order it! Already i know of 1 person that saved over 200 bucks on a high end reel and rod, compared to fitters and westshore! Its about time that were getting our dollars worth, instead of overpaying for fishing gear! Im not pluggin these guys, im just stating the facts..if i can save a few bucks, by going to fitters or westshore, look at their showrooms, pick out what i want, then go order it at wisebuys for less money, thats what im gonna do! (so will everybody else). I hope all works out for them, and wish the best for the owners!!!!

Killer hootchie selection.....

if i can save a few bucks, by going to fitters or westshore, look at their showrooms, pick out what i want, then go order it at wisebuys for less money, thats what im gonna do! (so will everybody else).

No offence or anything but I won't be somebody who will do that. Go to a store looking for advice on a product, and then go somewhere else to buy it cheaper that is. In smaller shops I appreciate the advice I get from somebody in the know and am happy to pay a few bucks more, kind of a value added service thing.

I'm probably in the minority but... that's just how I roll.

No offence or anything but I won't be somebody who will do that. Go to a store looking for advice on a product, and then go somewhere else to buy it cheaper that is. In smaller shops I appreciate the advice I get from somebody in the know and am happy to pay a few bucks more, kind of a value added service thing.

ya Right..Thats why i go to west marine for my stuff.. Sure its double the price but ya get what ya pay for.
Plus they will match any price. If your smart enough to shop around. But who has time for that.

Anyway a little off track there. I was at the place by petro can.. One of the guys was out showing a young kid how to cast a rod in the parking lot. Kids first fishing rod. Where else would you see someone take the time for that.

Prices are fair
good people

Thats my 2 cents

your right...absolutely....i was just saying that comment as it pays to shop around, i didnt mean literally go to fitters or westshore and then go buy from wiseguys....thats the problem with typing as to talking, things get taken out of context! but if i can save a few bucks i will! If your happy to "pay a few more bucks", thats up to u. We all know what we want, and if we can get a better price, then so be it! Myself i dont need advice on a trophy reel or an mr3 islander, or a nice rod, i already know whats good and what is not. Im after the best price, as so is 99.9% of everybody else....your the .01%...and im just kidding with u, so dont get upset!

Sounds like a good store. Next time I'm down that way I will swing by for sure. I wish them luck. You just don't see hours like that with tackle shops. Kind of out of the box thinking. Cool stuff.

Back