New Strain of Lyme Disease Discovered on The Island

IronNoggin

Be Damn Careful out there Folks!
I know a few people that have contracted this disease, and it is downright Horrible!!
icon_sad.gif

http://www.cheknews.ca/new-strain-lyme-disease-vancouver-island-298425/

Permethrin is your friend in this case...
icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Nog

I got bitten by a tick and contracted lyme disease. Fortunately it was on my leg and a very obvious target lesion developed, so I went to the doctor and was put on a course of antibiotics. It resolved and I never had any further issues. The lesion was not painful, but was noticeably warmer than the surrounding area to the touch. If It was in an area I couldn't see it, or if it was on my scalp I may have never noticed it.

I got bitten by a tick and contracted lyme disease. Fortunately it was on my leg and a very obvious target lesion developed, so I went to the doctor and was put on a course of antibiotics. It resolved and I never had any further issues. The lesion was not painful, but was noticeably warmer than the surrounding area to the touch. If It was in an area I couldn't see it, or if it was on my scalp I may have never noticed it.

Where did you pick that tick up from?

Here is a vector as to where you can pickup lyme disease. I suspect that this problem will only get worse unless we take action very soon.

Back