New scotty marino plug, I can't get my puller plug into it

smokedvw

I just put 2 new plugs into my boat and I cant get my prawn puller to go in properly. They gave no issue with the same female receptacle in my other boat.

When looking into the spots it seems the metal connectors are blocking it.

Or I'm loosing my mind, been back and forth to the shop home and dock all forgetting items all morning. Finally got them on and it won't go in.

I'm my other boat it slides in nicely.

Do I have to open or close that connection inside the female plug. It looks to be blocking it

Attachments

• PXL_20220507_222902427.jpg
    PXL_20220507_222902427.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20220507_222503025.jpg
    PXL_20220507_222503025.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20220507_222150955.jpg
    PXL_20220507_222150955.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 49
Reminds me of a joke my grandfather told me once.

what’s the difference between jam and jelly ?

Those plugs are absolute pieces of dogshit. I cut them right off and just hardwire the things. They come right out of the box wierd alot of times and they get messed up really quickly. Shrink wrap butt connectors. If you leave them on your boat that is

Those plugs are absolute pieces of dogshit. I cut them right off and just hardwire the things. They come right out of the box wierd alot of times and they get messed up really quickly. Shrink wrap butt connectors. If you leave them on your boat that is
Couple of issues with direct hardwire option - 1) difficult and time consuming to change out a failed unit when on water fishing; 2) good idea to create an in-line fuse rather than direct wire to your 12 volt system as there have been a few boat fires from Scotty units and shorts.

Been able to eliminate issues with plug in contacts by jamming a lot of vasaline into the socket which is a cheap way to keep water/moisture out combating corrosion issues.

Couple of issues with direct hardwire option - 1) difficult and time consuming to change out a failed unit when on water fishing; 2) good idea to create an in-line fuse rather than direct wire to your 12 volt system as there have been a few boat fires from Scotty units and shorts.

Been able to eliminate issues with plug in contacts by jamming a lot of vasaline into the socket which is a cheap way to keep water/moisture out combating corrosion issues.

Fuses are not an option and honestly it's better and cheaper and works to just buy a pair of crimpers and some connectors. Scotty should discover this one. I get it though.

Back