New Motor from Honda: BF350!

Pineapple Express

Honda's new BF350 was just officially announced today.

honda-bf350-right-profile.jpg

Mount it up on anything less than 22ft for the @Stizzla seal of approval!

Honda's new BF350 was just officially announced today.

View attachment 98113

Mount it up on anything less than 22ft for the @Stizzla seal of approval!
Still just the one prop tho. Zuki for the win!

Honda did market a vehicle called a Crossroad that had a V-8 in it but I think it was a rebadged Rover.

I find it so interesting that Honda of all companies is coming out with a gasoline powered V8 engine outboard when the world seems to be going electric or hybrid. This is cool.

Have fun getting service done at motorcycle mechanic shops. There’s not much for marine mechanics up here like there is in the USA

I’ll be looking at two of these for Feral 3. Runs on lower octane than the Zukes and more displacement. A tad lighter too, I think. Really interested in the Merc v10 350s or 400s but the larger lowers might drag enough the offset the cost and HP. Decisions decisions. At least I have some time to watch and learn.

I dono. The 350 suzuki leg isn't reviewed well by all.
the first gen yes since 2019 all good love my duo prop and the motor . one thing about honda finding someone to work and get parts stick to the bigger name brands and BEST warrenty ZUK for the win!!

the first gen yes since 2019 all good love my duo prop and the motor . one thing about honda finding someone to work and get parts stick to the bigger name brands and BEST warrenty ZUK for the win!!

I'm glad you're having good experiences with your Zuk.

After having an older Zuk 8hp (2-stroke) that never ran great, then upgrading to a Yamaha 9.9 (2-stroke) and seeing how much better the Yam was built, plus having owned and maintained a few Suzuki motorcycles....I don't think Suzuki is on the same level of design detail as other more established brands. The price would have to be significantly lower for me to consider a Zuk outboard compared to other options

I'm glad you're having good experiences with your Zuk.

After having an older Zuk 8hp (2-stroke) that never ran great, then upgrading to a Yamaha 9.9 (2-stroke) and seeing how much better the Yam was built, plus having owned and maintained a few Suzuki motorcycles....I don't think Suzuki is on the same level of design detail as other more established brands. The price would have to be significantly lower for me to consider a Zuk outboard compared to other options
I live in a Suzuki area. Almost everyone seems to have one. I don’t think they are any different these days than other brands. I heard the 350 Suzukis had some issues at first but look at what Yamaha put out for a 350. It was a giant failure. Honda doesn’t seem to release anything unreliable. Hopefully this new engine is the same.

I’ll be looking at two of these for Feral 3. Runs on lower octane than the Zukes and more displacement. A tad lighter too, I think. Really interested in the Merc v10 350s or 400s but the larger lowers might drag enough the offset the cost and HP. Decisions decisions. At least I have some time to watch and learn.
Did you publish your performance numbers or do a fishing video yet on your current beast?

2 stroke??? thats kinda 80 s isnt it LOL do they even make 2 strokes anymore ???
I switched to a 20 EFI kicker from 30 years of using 8 and 9.9 yammys and its is 100% better and YES I really liked my yammy kickers ...
The newer 350 is great and I know guys in ukie and bammy and other places that are very impressed and they use it way more then me.
Until you run engines from this era and experienced them then comment. IMO

Honda has a great reputation for cars, motorcycles, generators and even lawnmowers. Outboards? They never did. Too little, too late.

On this side of the border, in Merica there lots and lots of Hondas hanging on boats. My problem with Honda is like wolf said service sucks, here in Vancouver anyway, that’s why if my motor is crapped out, I am staying away from Honda,for what it was my 2006 225 gave me 5 years of almost no problem

Back