New home for the Sculpin...the boat shed thread.

Yes mine cost me money just thinking about it!
Thanks F-H. Yeah I kind of had in mind to build it big enough that it could accommodate a larger vessel in the future. My only regret so far is that I didn't make it a bit taller. Oh well if it comes to that down the road I have the technology to raise it lol.

Like that boats are expensive!!!

Ha ha. Thanks Gunsmith.

Well this one ain't over yet LOL.

Started to think about the rock in the corner and how to make the best of it. I alway's thought a deck over the rock with a locker system for storing fishing gear, coolers, traps's etc. would be the best way to utilize this area. Started it a couple of weeks ago and never got back to it till recently when I finally parked my gal back in her home today. A few weeks of rain and some salt away and she is pretty clean.

I think she is a lot happier back tucked into the shed.

IMG_3106.jpg

The new deck frame welded into the structure of the boat shed.

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

I will put plywood on top of this frame work. I am infilling the bigger area with 2x6 lumber before the plywood. I am going to build some lockable lockers on the deck area to store fishing and boating parts etc. I want everything to do with the boat at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only posted these prelim's to get Nick off his butt and post some cabin pic's of Bad Habit's...............

Let's see if it will work lol.

Sweet add on John, you never sees to amaze
Word of caution thou build any more inside the shed will hinder the larger Sculpin II...........lol

Sweet add on John, you never sees to amaze
Word of caution thou build any more inside the shed will hinder the larger Sculpin II...........lol

Ha ha right on bro:D. I like your thinking. My current situation and the performance of my gal this year has me keeping her for a while and maybe a re-power in the future. 60 miles off Cape Beale with ideal weather with ton's of fuel left gives a whole new meaning to relationship with my vessel:cool:. I love her and she is so rare I can't let go of her right now.

Some new shots of some positive things added in the last couple of day's.

Best damn thing I ever did for the boat. Keep your gals under cover if you can.

Cheers,
John

Thanks Alex. I can't wait for the next fishing trip with you. Good times for sure.

Cheers buddy,
John

That looks skookum!

Back