New group formed for B.C.Anglers.

OldBlackDog

It has been stated on this site and others that there is a need for a voice for B.C.Anglers.

It appears that people have been listening and have now stepped up.

You can read on this link all the benefits that are available to anglers.

www.bcanglers.com

Their Vision is,

Our Vision
To make certain British Columbians have access to sustainable recreational angling.
Our Mission
To represent the rights and legitimate wishes of resident anglers in British Columbia by influencing all levels of government.

Strategic Objectives
To lobby for ecologically sustainable tidal and freshwater fisheries,
To influence all levels of government regarding angling policy development as well as fisheries and habitat management,
To collect, analyze and communicate member opinion about angling, access to fish as well as fisheries and habitat management,
To stand up for and protect existing angling opportunities,
To create new and diverse fisheries that do not impact natural existing stocks,
To encourage the non-angling public, especially young people, to learn to fish,
To foster awareness of the positive social values, the health benefits as well as the economic importance of angling in British Columbia,
To build alliances with like-minded organizations toward protecting and promoting angling in British Columbia,
To practice conservation in order to ensure sustainable fisheries for future generations, and;
To build membership from a wide spectrum of resident BC Anglers.

Please have a look at this and if you care about fish and your fishing future please join.

They have advised me that the site is still being upgraded and as you can see it allows you to have input on line.

Apparently this guy is the Executive-Director of the group.

Christopher Bos.

He was/is BC's Family Fishing Weekend Provincial Coordinator.

That's all I know.

Take care.

It would be nice if there was more to the web site than broken links and a vision statement. The site refers to the BC Anglers Association as a "society" does that mean that BC Anglers is a registered non-profit?

Hey OBD...

It seems the articles you listed in the organizations charter are pretty much on the money.

Excellent, I would happily support this organization but for the lack of one additional article in your mantra - in my view, the single most serious threat to sportfishing as we know it</u> namely: To work dilgently to help our collusive government understand that FISHFARMING is not a viable alternative to a healthy 'WILD' fishery.

Cheers,
Terry

This organization has been a long time in coming. I've heard rumblings about this for some time now.
Hopefully, if every single licence holder gets involved, we will have a force to be recond with in the political arena. If not, it won't have any more impact than then the Federation of Drift Fishers and other fractured groups. And although I support and applaud the works of the B.C. Wildlife Federation (and they have the political ear due to the huge membership) the organization is very diverse.
This is what its all about gentlemen, the chips are down and now (finally) it's time to all get together as one and forget about the ridiculous infighting as to sport fishing methods.
I've sent my $20 bucks in. Send in yours and tell your friends.

Not sure how real they are as the website is still very thin but as soon as the online membership button works they have my $20 just for taking a shot doing anything.

Will be keeping an eye on the site for motion

Looks good so far. I sent an email to the Executive-Director of the group asking him to provide more insight to this organization and perhaps post it on this forum. It would be nice to know who is fighting for us and what background and experience they each possess. My $20 is ready.

Paid my $20 to Chris Bos for membership Wednesday night. Chris is the president of the Victoria Fish & Game Protective Association and could be contacted through VF&G.

I sent to these folks a check for $20 a few months ago, but never heard back from them. Also, I have e-mailed them twice (on the 19th and 27th of June) but to date they have not replied to my e-mails.

Is this group still alive, or...?[?]

I am in, except they are a little behind in getting their Anglers Quarterly newsletter out. Not sure if they are for real, so I will wait and see what you guys get back from them.

SS

Fishing001.jpg

Back