New Ferry rates...

So for 16 hours of their 126 hour sailing week they throw us a bone? Not good enough!

But if my travel schedule were to coincidentally align with the savings schedule then great. But I wont be manipulating trip plans to save some money, but lose some sanity (how long will the over length line be on the savings days???

Flat rate, $3 over-length. Done and Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh come on Nick...I hear yah on the flat rate...we immediately changed our plans from first sailing Sunday morning to Saturday night to get to Bam on the Sunday...better than nothing.
First come first serve as always Marty...only so many rezos anyways.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth :)

We have Gordo and his gang to thank for this mess. This bare bone is not going to change anything. To take my boat to the island and back to the lower mainland will cost me $450. I flew to Hawaii and back for $360. Those ferry rates are excessive.

To take my boat to the island and back to the lower mainland will cost me $450. I flew to Hawaii and back for $360. Those ferry rates are excessive.

Ya, but you didn't check a truck and boat as your baggage. :p

We have Gordo and his gang to thank for this mess. This bare bone is not going to change anything. To take my boat to the island and back to the lower mainland will cost me $450. I flew to Hawaii and back for $360. Those ferry rates are excessive.

My motor home and boat one way is $350 I just booked an 815 pm sailing June 25 to save $200. I was gona leave first ferry of the 26 but changed. I will see about when I come back. Wel worth for me but very limited sailings.

...great deal on over length vehicle rates going down on Sundays and Wednesday travel through the summer on sailings after 4PM.

It appears you meant Saturday instead of Sundays. Nevertheless, great deal if the window works. DAJ

Ya, but you didn't check a truck and boat as your baggage. :p

And that cheap airfare was for only 1 person. A whole family of Vietnamese could eat for a month off the fish you can catch in 1 boat, ha ha!! ;)

i don't understand how its any different than the pickup truck behind me, he pays 53.25 why isn't my boat worth 53.25? instead of 195.00. im always down below and theres a pickup truck behind on every trip.

I have to agree with bones. Why not just charge by the foot. Make it fair for everyone, and cheaper maybe promote tourism. I have friends that have a 36' 5th wheel that no longer come to the island because of cost.

i don't understand how its any different than the pickup truck behind me, he pays 53.25 why isn't my boat worth 53.25? instead of 195.00. im always down below and theres a pickup truck behind on every trip.

This one pisses me off big time too. If I'm paying a premium then we should at least get assured loading on the bottom deck instead they do first come first serve wich is stupid casue we cannot go park where the cars park. Very very stupid system and pricing they have going on for sure.

Agree with comments re high prices. I was very unhappy a few years ago when they announced they were doing away with over height rates and charging same for all. What they didn't say was that everybody would pay the over height rate which was $3.00 per foot more than standard height. So much for folding the top down and saving some $$.

They are excessive which is why our trips down here in Wa are now going to the San Juans, Neah Bay, Westport for Tuna. Really loved coming to visit Barkley.

one of the reasons we moved to the frazer valley truck and 30' 5th wheel.. break the bank. there will be a bridge eventually.

BC Ferries has had decades to get it right....and never does.

They are always bleeding cash.

So they hire people to run it and pay them triple-digit salaries because "these people are the most qualified and the brightest minds out there".

Not.

No matter who they hire and pay exorbitant salaries...it's the same old same old.......losing money, only now you have the brightest minds they can find losing money.

They aren't about "fairness"....they are about scraping any and all revenue out of you and the tourists to prop up their bank account.

Then they will tell you how well they are managing the Ferries....

Back