New Cannabis laws

Nothing that worries me any, but I wondered whether this would be the case:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/legal-cannabis-rollout-1.4910020

I was at a work event the other day and I would say slightly more people than usual were smoking up, but most noticeably nobody was hiding it at all. Just out of curiosity, I started asking if anyone had tried the government store stuff yet.

One person said "no".

Everyone else said "F--- no."

Personally I don't care at all if people want to smoke up and in general I love watching governments attempt to regulate individual behaviour and fail, so this is basically a good news story as far as I'm concerned. But I think the idea that it was going to put the black market out of business was a little silly. Eventually, maybe...but everyone I have talked to so far has just said "why would I pay what they're asking, when I can get better stuff from my guy for half that?"

I can't wait when in my country it will be legalized, since cannabis help me with my sleep troubles pricelessly!

... Just out of curiosity, I started asking if anyone had tried the government store stuff yet.

One person said "no".

Everyone else said "F--- no."

Personally I don't care at all if people want to smoke up and in general I love watching governments attempt to regulate individual behaviour and fail, so this is basically a good news story as far as I'm concerned. But I think the idea that it was going to put the black market out of business was a little silly. Eventually, maybe...but everyone I have talked to so far has just said "why would I pay what they're asking, when I can get better stuff from my guy for half that?"
Arrives in the mail - is the best attraction for the new government supplier. Wait! hmmmm.....
weed.jpg
Postal strike - Christmas coming and online pot. Think the timing of the strike was planned???

Last edited:
Arrives in the mail - is the best attraction for the new government supplier. Wait! hmmmm.....
View attachment 41504
Postal strike - Christmas coming and online pot. Think the timing of the strike was planned???
Well it's a hell of a better hand than "pay up or we're not delivering the real estate agent notepads and Canadian Tire flyers you put directly into the recycling bin without looking at" that's for sure.

Update on the Gov't weed. To recap, I bought 3 x 1 gram pre-rolled, "Jack Herrer".

One 1 gram joint has been consumed. Took some getting used to as I'm not a seasoned consumer. Didn't really know how to inhale properly. The first couple of times, just wound up with an uncomfortable mouth and throat with none of the...benefit.

3rd time, 'success'. It was as explained on the website. Took me 6 or 7 'sessions' to work my way through the 1 gram joint. Flicked the 'roach' before getting right to my finger tips, so I didn't actually use up the whole thing.

I REALLY dislike the smell on my hands, lips/mouth and clothes. Also I don't feel like going through the process to find out the right way to actually inhale it. After one session, I was on mars, the next time, I didn't feel anything, and back and forth. Couldn't regulate properly to find a 'sweet spot'

I haven't bothered with the other 2 joints. Not sure it is for me. Maybe I will give it another shot. I feel like to I need to be away, by myself for a few days, like in a cabin or safely camping somewhere to settle in and get the hang of the process and what I am experiencing.

I actually felt weird doing it in my back yard or walking around the neighborhood late at night partaking. Not relaxing and pondering, which is what I originally intended to do with it.

Last edited:
Vape pens are great too. no smell and easy to control dosage. Havent seen them on the gov store yet though

very convenient and almost odour free. dont have to roll and have a stinky roach around.

The sky was very bright for the boat anchored beside me last weekend, a 6 hr cloud drifting downwind. Good job we were across wind. The more smoke the louder the dam stereo played. Certainly not my idea of a good days fishing. Sunny ways

HM

When I was visiting family back in Australia last month, i was asked several times about Canada's move to legal weed. Made me think a bit. Six months in... has everything in our world changed like they said it would? Although I don't care to use it myself, I supported legalization as I believe our laws should be in line with societal standards, but it's just a small part of life. All same same here.

Agree - nothing has changed except people supposedly are buying from stores instead of the dude down the street and getting taxed. Other than that... nothing different

Agree - nothing has changed except people supposedly are buying from stores instead of the dude down the street and getting taxed. Other than that... nothing different
The majority of people aren’t buying from the licenced corporate stores. The black or grey market product is superior in every way to the government weed and far cheaper too.

Back