NetFlix Canada Questions......

Seafever

I have a Panasonic dmp-bd65 BluRay player (HD) and a Sharp Aquos HD tv.

The player is older (maybe 2010).....and I'm not sure whether it's Viera Cast will support Netflix Canada. It is WIFI equipped.

At anyrate I still need to get a Wifi router.......

BluRay players in the states will get US Netflix.......but it seems the exact same BluRay player sold in Canada cannot get Netflix Canada from what I've read.

But is Roku a better choice for NetFlix Canada?

In terms of recent Bluray players they all seem to have there own issues when it comes to choices of video-streaming and Netflix Can.

What is the simplest easiest way or device to get Netflix Can from a computer to a t.v?

some Blue ray players may have software built in that allows netflix and other internet related functions but I would guess that most don't. You need some sort of media box in order to access the internet/netflix.

Apple TV is a type of media box, cheap and very simple to use - roku is another type of box but there's dozens out there.

I use Apple TV also works great you could also run an HDMI cable from computer to TV and run Netflix on computer and send to TV I also use this system work great

Thanks.....my t.v. is too far from the comp to run cables......

So does Apple, Roku etc etc. plug into the t.v and then you send the signal from a wireless router?

a used xbox or almost any other settop device can run netflix on its own, no need to connect your computer if you go that way.

If you have WIFI in the house, simply plug a router into the DVD player (assuming it's software is capable)
this should provide wireless internet signal to the unit.
It worked for us, although I had a tech buddy help me . :)

My comp has built-in WIFI and a transmitter aerial......but I'm assuming that only works if the comp is actually turned on.....so with an independent wireless router right between the Shaw modem and the comp I should be able to get the signal without having to turn comp on, right?

Would there be any kind of conflict between having two WIFI's? (one in the comp and another one before it).

I'm not a tech person, but I think as long as the router picks up your wifi signal, you should be good.
you will have to identify your system name and password.

My comp has built-in WIFI and a transmitter aerial......but I'm assuming that only works if the comp is actually turned on.....so with an independent wireless router right between the Shaw modem and the comp I should be able to get the signal without having to turn comp on, right?

Would there be any kind of conflict between having two WIFI's? (one in the comp and another one before it).

Have you got a really old shaw modem? For years now all the shaw modems have been routers with wifi capabilities built in.

If you have an old modem then you need to buy a router. Router plugs into the modem and shares the internet connection to all the devices you connect with wifi. Doesn't matter how many wireless networks you have, just give them unique names or you will be confused.

Or you could call shaw and ask for a new router with wifi capabilities.

Trendsetter:- my modem is Shaw allright.......it's Motorola........they last upgraded it about 5 years ago. It is connected to my comp using Ethernet cable.

I have a suspicion it isn't WIFI

Should I get a dual-band router? All I will ever be doing is using it for NetFlix etc and I'm the only user in the house. I'll call Shaw tomorrow.....

T/trapper.....No...I don't think it's a "Smart" t.v..........

I was thinking at this point:- new router (WIFI)...and....something like ROKU or WD or similar streamer box. Then plug ROKO into t.v.....turn it on and good to go......I hope......

Plain old wifi router and a streamer box that can access Netflix (I know Apple TV does) and you should be good to go. If you have any other apple devices (eg Macbook, Iphone, Ipad), I'd think seriously about the apple box - $109.

it should work. If not, I believe netflix has an ok customer service phone number you can call to ask questions. be ready to wait a while though.

Just purchased the Roku 3 wireless streaming player. Easy to set up on my older Samsung HDTV. Lots of free channels to watch, as well as Netflix. I'm going to take it to Mexico with me and get a VPN so my wife can watch her American daytime soap through HULU.

I have the apple box as well, picture quality is real nice, much better then the game console,
We have a bunch of apple devices so it made sense, but in saying that I bought one for the inlaws at bestbuy for $109. They do not have any other apple devices at all, I bought it for them strictly for netflix, set them up an iTunes acct, had the box up and running a few minutes later, changed the DNS codes and they've had us netflix uninterrupted ever since
Very easy to use even the senior inlaws with no tech savy can do it

Back