Need new replacement landing netting

black dog

My landing netting is worn out, it's 32" X 36". Where do you find replacement nets? I like the stiff nylon type netting because it has less tendencies to get tangled. Any ideas?
Thanks

Trotac if you are in Victoria. They moved to the corner of Gorge Rd and Jutland. New shop is pretty darn nice actually.

Maybe the neighbourhood cleaned up once Holmes left...lol...
The new store is a lot bigger but parking is a pain...
I like those guys too... they've always been good to me..
I always stop in when im down in Vic... down to earth people...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was helping out down there for a bit moving stock and setting up there is some net bags i saw dont know if it will fiy your size you may be better off buying a new one I use the nets from frabrill they are about the same $$$$ as scotty but way lighter and they have a triangle handle which works great and a ruberized netting so it doesnt get all tangled,the boys are trying to bring them in if not ill phone the factory direct as mine only lasted 10 years LOL LOL
not bad if you ask me.been using them now 20 years this will be my 3rd one lost the first one over board got smart and drilled out a smallnet float and slid it over the handle worked great.
http://frabill.com/landing-nets/powercatch-nets/8440.html

Wolf

I tried that once too for me it didnt work?? dont know why???

cool, thanks Derby, good to know, it must strengthen the frame and handle as well i would imagine?, good for newbs that dont know how to properly lift a monster into the boat....holmes*

You bet... remeber to pick that monster up bye the rim of the net..... :)

Gibbs has a foam filled handle and rim if you want to custom order them... :)

We did our own with a can of spray foam and about 4 feet of that clear vinyl plastic tubing.

Take the caps off of the ends of the rim and handle on the net, secure the clear pastic tubing onto the spray nozzle of the foam can, insert the end of the clear pastic tubing all the way into the rim and start spraying the foam while retracting the plastic tubing out of the rim, and then do the same for the handle. I made sure that ours was full, so it did come out the ends for a bit before it finished expanding. Trimmed off the excess and dug out the cavity behind the push button for retracting, cleaned up excess with a little acetone, replaced the caps, done.

First time out with it, tied a rope to it:p, and then threw it in the water,,,, it floated, pushed it under and up it came, works great!

We did ours after losing our first one on the first trip out, by the time we circled back to it, it sank out of sight, and in the wind and waves it was gone for good. Definately reccommend doing this, pretty cheap insurance, as nets are not cheap! (Even when you get a great deal at PNT:p).

We did our own with a can of spray foam and about 4 feet of that clear vinyl plastic tubing.

Take the caps off of the ends of the rim and handle on the net, secure the clear pastic tubing onto the spray nozzle of the foam can, insert the end of the clear pastic tubing all the way into the rim and start spraying the foam while retracting the plastic tubing out of the rim, and then do the same for the handle. I made sure that ours was full, so it did come out the ends for a bit before it finished expanding. Trimmed off the excess and dug out the cavity behind the push button for retracting, cleaned up excess with a little acetone, replaced the caps, done.

First time out with it, tied a rope to it:p, and then threw it in the water,,,, it floated, pushed it under and up it came, works great!

We did ours after losing our first one on the first trip out, by the time we circled back to it, it sank out of sight, and in the wind and waves it was gone for good. Definately reccommend doing this, pretty cheap insurance, as nets are not cheap! (Even when you get a great deal at PNT:p).

That sounds slick. Thanks for the in depth detail. I'm going to do this to mine.

I used a piece of dowel slightly smaller than the inside diameter of handle. Spray some expanding foam in, then push it down to the other end, spray more in and push down but don't push all the way, repeat until you fill up most of the inside of the handle, let it do it's thing. I use the big gaps and cracks spray foam from building supply store.

That sounds slick. Thanks for the in depth detail. I'm going to do this to mine.

It works pretty damned good. A can should do a 2-3 nets i would think, so if you can organize a couple of guys and do a few nets at once you will get to divide the $10-15 that you will spend over 2 or possibly 3 nets. The plastic tubing is shot when you are done, so maximize its function.

Good Luck.
FH

Back