Need a new boat trailer

Flatlander

Looking for a new boat trailer as my 02 eze loader tandem looks to beyond on repair brake lines, discs, springs look to be rusted out ,tires showing cracks. Cost of a rebuild about $3500 ??? Any suggestions where to buy or possibly repair?? would be appreciated.

We bought a used I beam aluminum trailer for $2,200.00 and then took it to Cap It in Langford (talk to Murray) and had it completely rebuilt - the only thing left that was original to the trailer is the aluminum I beam and the fenders. They did excellent work and the trailer was originally 8,000 gvw and now is rated for 12,000 gvw, total cost with purchase of the trailer and upgrades for us is just under 10k and to purchase this trailer new would have been 14k plus tax. If you are looking to rebuild what you have - can't recommend Murray enough!

Stay away from road runners.
?? mike has always been great to deal with,, any problems or parts and he or they are on it.

price point is good, but you do get what you pay for, they are cheaper for a reason.

Stay away from road runners.

Sorry but my experience is fantastic with Roadrunner. Mike is an awesome guy and always willing to go the extra mile for his clients. I've had 3 of his trailers with different boats over the last 15 years and have never found them any more work than any other trailer I've had. Trailers require maintenance continually if you use them. If you had a bad experience I suspect it was an exception. Just one mans view.

Sorry but my experience is fantastic with Roadrunner. Mike is an awesome guy and always willing to go the extra mile for his clients. I've had 3 of his trailers with different boats over the last 15 years and have never found them any more work than any other trailer I've had. Trailers require maintenance continually if you use them. If you had a bad experience I suspect it was an exception. Just one mans view.
Nah, ive spoken to countless people at the launch ramp, and had people say the same things on here, just do a search this has been talked about endless times. They are the cheapest for a reason, cheapest parts, poor build quality, not even basic coated drums for the brakes, squeeked non stop with no help from dealer or roadrunner, Lights are garbage, poor wiring the list goes on. and i was religious about washing and rinsing after every use. Maybe if your buying a simple single axle with no brakes, not a lot to go wrong, but stay away from any of their bigger ones with drum setups.

Nah, ive spoken to countless people at the launch ramp, and had people say the same things on here, just do a search this has been talked about endless times. They are the cheapest for a reason, cheapest parts, poor build quality, not even basic coated drums for the brakes, squeeked non stop with no help from dealer or roadrunner, Lights are garbage, poor wiring the list goes on. and i was religious about washing and rinsing after every use. Maybe if your buying a simple single axle with no brakes, not a lot to go wrong, but stay away from any of their bigger ones with drum setups.

you can definitely upgrade the brakes on an order. i did.

Nope. Had two tandem axle 5400’s with brakes, plastic slide bunks, side guides and electric winches. Lights are all now LED. Since my last buy in 2012 I have not touched the lights one time. They have worked perfectly. Sounds like you’ve had a poor experience. That’s too bad. Not my experience nor the experience of many people I know. I don’t work there or have any interest in RR. Just one mans view.

The incandescent lights on my roadrunner worked for about 2 weeks then crapped out. They offered to send me new ones but I said nah, and bought some new leds that worked flawlessly for years. That's the only problem i had with mine other then your typical trailer in salt water problems that aren't the faultof RR.

Back