nanaimo winters

P

poachedsalmon

has anyone caught any salmon in nanaimo this month,i know nanaimo is slow but anything?

i know a guy that dropped his lines while waiting on his prawn traps and got i think 2 at neck point. that was probably 2 weeks ago now though.

almost two weeks ago i hooked into three fish out at thrasher, two small, one 14. weathers been keeping me off

...winters are out there - I have had numerous possitive reports this week. It's time for me to dump the zego into the water and go for a buzz around the Fingers and Enterance. Just gotta get a couple of nice days to set up my radio and sounder - then find some downriggers. I am also going to set up a second gas tank so I can bomb out a further this year than Rocky point, maybe try around Gab.

Green splatter back, army truck hootchies, cop car, blue mirror image and glow-flo-grn spoons have been the ticket so far.

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

going out to the stamp river this weekend in port alberni try for steel head.(off the bank) last week i took the 60hp off my 14.5ft and put it on a 16ft tri haul that i picked up. should be a lot better in the ocean. just hope the 60hp will be enough power. how deep are the winter spring in nanaimo 120ft? about. (the manual downrigger has to go!)if you're fishing around the finger you might snagg one of my cannon balls, i got about 15 or so down there.

Wow... what kind of boat are you in, so I know to stay clear of you?

stay close to bottom is your best bet. I'd fish at least one rod right on bottom while the other your usual prefered depth.

went out for a couple hours around entrance, no bites no bait. Its was pretty windy out .

Springs are happening around Hornby and Denman. Most are 10-14 pds. Caught 2 12 pders in 40 minutes before the Northwester crapped on me.

Back