Nanaimo Winter 2013/14

Sculpin, how did you guys make out yesterday? I was the guy pulling out at the launch after just coming across from Pender Harbour. I tried for a couple hours near Pender on Christmas Day but not a sniff.

I posted in the other thread by accident. I forgot about this one :eek:.

looks like the weather will be too good to pass up tomorrow...anyone else heading out?

That's a big ten four Dan ;):cool::).

Dropped the crab traps and went for a 2 hr troll from Clarke Rock to Brickyard. Didn't give it any sort of effort and ended up with nothing to show for it. Picked up the traps...one blank the other one had 20 including 5 very large keepers. Nice to get out on the water with my kid.

Dropped the crab traps and went for a 2 hr troll from Clarke Rock to Brickyard. Didn't give it any sort of effort and ended up with nothing to show for it. Picked up the traps...one blank the other one had 20 including 5 very large keepers. Nice to get out on the water with my kid.

Glad you made it out Dan:). I woke up with a fever and the flu early this morning:(.

It's nice to hear you guys trying. I'm sorry to hear you have the flu Sculpin. Please keep posting. I need the motivation.

The wife figures it was something I ate. I'm just about good to go again now :). Planning on heading out again real soon.

I put the boat in the water just before 7 this morning and trolled around entrance until noon. Couple bait balls on sounder but no hits at all. Nice day for the most part though.

looked like a pretty flat day for trolling, that new boat must be pretty slick you should post up a pic on the members boats thread Big.griff

Happy New Year's Eve!!!

Chipstealer, Jeffywestcoast, and myself headed out and scratched up enough for a feed. One good set out of the bunch. The rest were pretty bad. Oh well that's fishing. Have a good one folks!!!

To firelight,
Your gear works awesome. Thanks for leaving it on my boat. We tested it thoroughly man :p:D. (Click the photo for the vid and I'm sorry I can't seem to rotate it).

Happy New Year's Eve buddy. I hope you are feeling better. I am ha ha. Nice to be back in the saddle again and not on the porcelain lol.

Sorry Jeff, I just had to post the review vid man. Have a good one!!!

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
haha..goodtimes..i'll get the hang of the hands free im sure...was pretty stoked to get out on the water before heading to the frozen wasteland tomorrow. Thanks again John n Bart always a goodtime big haul or not :)

hey folks, I've been in nanaimo for a yr now, got out for a few salmon in the summer as well as some crab. I'm needing alot of help when it comes to ocean fishing around here. what are you trolling for right now? and if you ever have room for 1 more i'd love to tag along. tks..

Welcome to the site saskboy. Do a search and read lots :). There is a ton of information on this forum. Post up some more, get known a bit, and an opportunity could arise to get out on the water with a local.

Cheers,
John

Went for a cruise yesterday with a couple friends and our kids. There were quite a few boats fishing the neck point area...anyone have any luck?
Dropped the traps and were rewarded with a delicious dinner.

Went for a cruise yesterday with a couple friends and our kids. There were quite a few boats fishing the neck point area...anyone have any luck?
Dropped the traps and were rewarded with a delicious dinner.

Nice to hear you got out there. I had to work all weekend. Beauty day's out there all weekend!!!

Back