Nanaimo July

N

noobangler

Does anyone know of somewhere around Nanaimo that can be fished in the summer season? with some sucess? trout or bass? Me and a friend started late this season and it seems everywhere we go has died down already and we are both only here till the end of august. We tried Westwood, Long lake, Quennell and Nanaimo river. At this time of year the river was our only success 1 rainbow trout in 6 hours, with horrible bush wacking involved.

guh this hole fishing in the summer thing is not working out

Hi noobangler! All three of those lakes have produced decent fishing for me at this time of year although it was a bit more productive in the earlier spring. Try fishing power bait on the bottom using a 3 way swivel set up and use the powerbiat floating eggs. As long as you use two eggs and a fairly small hook your bait will float! This is what you want. Also if you are into fly fishing try fishing just about an hour before sundown and fish as long as you can as all the fish are rising you can usually get quite a few. Quesnel lake bass fishing is good throughout the summer! Try sticking to the simple stuff there a plain large dew worm on a hook usually does the trick quite well! Let me know if you have any questions hope this helps! ;)

I have been fishing Long Lake and had some success, albeit not a ton, using the exact same powerbait method mthornton just mentioned. I have also been fishing on the shore accessed from Salal Rd. Park in the gravel and its a 2 second walk to the shore. Good Luck

caught two trout in two days at Long Lake. Pretty quiet but they are there.

If you are offshore the pink or orange power floating eggs work best for me. I like to run my leader long enough to sit just above the bottom.I like to use hollow lead above the swivel, that way when the fish strikes it doesnt feel the weight. If there are too many weeds I use roe with little or no weight.

Divers is good, Blind and Harewood lake are good if you can still get access.

Fished Quesnel lake a couple times and caught a bass and a ton of pumpkin seeds just casting next to the lilys

Back