Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2011

I was down at the brechin boat launch today. One guy had 3, another guy had a 2. They were hitting on a variety of lures, including cop car spoons etc., but the most consistent lure has seemed to be the splatterback hootchie. Looks like its hot, better get that boat on the water!

I put the boat in for a run and no one off French Creek, ramp was as low tide as I have ever seen it. Any word for FC?

I went out on Sat and Monday with kids both times, so we could really only fish for 2 hours. Got into 5 on Sat over at the humps, 2 shakers, an 8 a 14 and about a 22, pretty steady about 50/50 between irish cream and splatterback spoons. Monday we started again at 12 at the humps and fished it pretty hard for 2 hours, no success, trolled over towards the milk run from there and hit a 15 on the way there. Circled around once more and the crew voted for pirates cove. Sweet day none-the-less. Saw a few heads at the table too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heliven, what sort of camera did you use. Nice fish!

Great Vid heliben,

Love the "Fisheye" effect! Great camera placement too.

Hey heliben have you ever tried mounting a go pro to a cannonball?. I think it would great for sox because their shallow and the camera would still have some light.

Back