Naka Creek

twinwinds

Anyone know the directions to Naka Creek? how far the tirn off is past Sayward? google maps didn't help much! its been years since i drove it last and heard there was a better road to take........

help appreciated..

you would turn right(if heading north) at the Eve River "exit",not really sure how far from Sayward, maybe 20minutes? north. Its just after you go down the the "BIG" hill with 3 lanes...lol...I have not been in for a # of years now, I do remember the road being quite bad back then...we used to stay in camp(Bebans) out on the "spit" by the old bunkhouse.. SOCKEYE HEAVEN;):D

a good maps book is , Vancouver Island Backroads Map Book...

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/sho...ouver-island-victoria-gulf-islands-8-192.html

spring fevers way will get you to naka but you will end up driving more gravel than you have to, you can continue north up the hwy a ways and turn on muskeg main, if you cross the tsitika river you've gone too far, muskeg goes to the left almost right at the hwy, go straight and follow tsitika m/l for like 4 km, u will see a road off to the right with a large rock painted naka connector, that will take you right there. It's a relativley new road so it may not exsist in backroads map books. I used to drive that way to work every day, it's a quicker route.

Thanks guys! I will try the muskeg main....if i can find it...lol. How far north is the mukeg main from the other naka creek turn off?

thank you

Can't remember the distance but it's about 20 min past the eve turn-off, if you hit the big slide on the left where they have done lots of rock work you have gone too far, so turn around and go back a couple km, it's a major mainline marked with a small yellow sign. Be aware that there is probably active hauling out there, the tsitika is plenty wide and the chances of loaded trucks hauling out of naka instead of down to the dump is low, but be aware. Get a mapbook the tsitika and muskeg should be on there just not the naka connector.

Thanks for the directions.....No problems at all! roads in fairly good shape. other than waiting for all the Elk to cross the logging road it was a quick trip.

quote:Originally posted by twinwinds

Thanks for the directions.....No problems at all! roads in fairly good shape. other than waiting for all the Elk to cross the logging road it was a quick trip.

Are you Bruce?

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back