my next (last) project boat

Just got the new trailer home. 9000lb aluminum I beam Tuff trailer
IMG_1931_zps1401902a.jpg

Its better that way you will just rip it apart and spend more time fixing it up if you get used one...Those boats are heavy don't want to screw around... Did you sell your old boat?

I have had many used boat trailers, I too bit the bullet and purchased a " Tuff Trailer"......amazing well thought out construction of a trailer

Are you trying to go to the Logger's Derby in the new boat? I'm sure there are a 100 guys who want to look over the new craft. As has been said----- you are a bear for work==== very impressive.

Are you trying to go to the Logger's Derby in the new boat? I'm sure there are a 100 guys who want to look over the new craft. As has been said----- you are a bear for work==== very impressive.

If the new boat goes it will just be a hollow shell LOL. Already have a back up plan for that derby just in case. The boat is going away saturday to get the pod built and motor installed.

Some teaser **** for ya Gary....

She'll be ready tomorrow buddy :cool:.
Hey Sculpin that tank looks great, what thickness aluminium did you use.
Is that done with a mig or tig….that would take me hrs with my tig lol

Hey Sculpin that tank looks great, what thickness aluminium did you use.
Is that done with a mig or tig….that would take me hrs with my tig lol

It was all TIG'ed for sure. 1/8 th 5052 aluminum with two baffle plates. Gary is trying to have an area for a bilge. The tank sits in front of the bilge area. He had to go with the low profile filler to get past the bilge and up under his transom area (while keeping all the hoses under the floor). It will be clearer once Gary post up some pics of the install.

John,
Curiosity question only.......
is that air fitting screwed in there just for pressure testing or are you up to something different there?
awesome skills nontheless

John,
Curiosity question only.......
is that air fitting screwed in there just for pressure testing or are you up to something different there?
awesome skills nontheless

Purely for air testing. What were you thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is friggen awesome buddy, The boat **** just keeps going and going on this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She filled up the new trailer in a hurry, looks like you need to raise your hitch a few inches in the front.
It looks like its going to be a hellofarig

She filled up the new trailer in a hurry, looks like you need to raise your hitch a few inches in the front.
It looks like its going to be a hellofarig

Yup, need a raised hitch and need to adjust the trailer bunks to make the bow sit a few inches higher

Back