My new toy

Sitkaspruce

I finally got a day to go out in my new toy, been so busy hunting and working. This was a day to get used to the boat, so I decided to set a couple of crab traps and troll around for any feeders.

The new toy
Fishing002.jpg

07 Hewescraft 180 Searunner with 115 yammy and 8HT yammy kicker, two electric scotties, Lowrance 337cdf sounder/GPS, VHF and trailer. I bought it off a guy who was leaving town and needed to get rid of it. So I made him an offer and he agreed. It has 55 hours on it and after we agreed to a price, he threw in about $2500 in extras including terminal gear, lamiglas and shimano rods, shimanio/Diawa/Penn reels, prawn and crab traps, nets, extra GPS and a whole lot of other stuff needed to catch fish and use the boat on the ocean.

Today was a great day.
Fishing005.jpg

No fish, but I really did not fish very hard, just got used to the boat and the gear on board. Ended up with three dungeness and picked the two best for dinner.

Awsome boat and a great day.

Now I need to convince the other half to allow me to add some stuff and make a few changes.

I am really look forward to getting out this winter for springs and to get the boat "fish" ready for next spring

Cheers

Nice ride! You must have laid down some substabtial money for this package! And nobady can say you are underpowered! That thing must fly when you crank it up!

Where were you fishing? Whirl Bay was hot for about an hour today - around the tide change...

Well done. That is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Taking out your new toy for a spin. Happy hunting on the chuck.

I paid about $7000 less than the same boat new in the US so I believe I have a good deal. Add in the "extras" he added and I think I now have a really good deal. I knew the guy when we worked together in the interior, so when I offered him the amount, he knew I was good for it so the deal was an easy one.

I was cruising at 28 mph at 3800 rpm. I believe it would get up and go if needed.

I was fishing out of Port McNeill and fished the west side of Malcom Is.

Aside from the 'silverstreak' I own, the 18' Hewescraft Searunner is my dream boat.
Good on ya Sitkaspruce, you'll love it.

You are a spoiled rotten widdo kid!!!!!!!

Yup I am, now you need to come up and take it for a test ride and show me some hot spots!!!!!

Nice boat Sitka , I bought one a year and half ago. Great little fishing boats cheap to run & easy handle. Sure you'll have lots of fun. Hey Kronic where did you get the radar arch (need somewhere to put my net you know out of the way but handy)?

I had it made up by a boat builder in Stevston before I moved to the Island.Make things easier stoying rods when playing fish and I needed it for my radar more that anything!!! A guy risks his life running across from Malcolm to McNeil in the fog with out one!!! Big tugs towing bigger barges all the time also Cruise ships !!!

Hey Kronic were u at Critter Cove last year early Aug??? Thought I was admiring a boat like yours there. :D

No not Critter Cove spent mid June to Mid Sept fishing my face off around Malcolm.Can't wait to get back again.Still looking for a fifty pounder!!!!:D:D
kronic

Hey Kronic

Nice boat. Is yours a 20 ET or 22 ET? The radar arch is one of the upgrades I want to do. Need to start looking around for one.

Many Hewescrafts around? A good buddy of mine found one in the States that is a 20 ET. Likes the ride, but he says it is too light in the front end so he has put some weight up there. Any problem with yours?

SS

It is a 22 et.There are lots on the lower mainland but when our neighbors from down south show up on northern Van. island in the summer there are quite a few around.I have had no problems. Boat fishes well lots of room takes alickin and keeps on fishin.Best get your arch fabricated.The fancy ones on the web cost as much as the radar.The rocket launches weren't cheap either over a 150.00 each times four.Use a smaller diameter tube and they are a lot cheaper.I did mine for just over a $1000.00 and a case of beer.(Price of the stainless rocket launchers shocked me) but well worth it when it is action stations in the stern and a radr mount.I wan't to try for tuna next year so the arch will be put to the test then as well.The boat shop in McNeil told me they were thinking of carrying the Hewes line.as far as the weight in the bow thing I seem to be able to just adjust the trim slow down a tad and move the crew to the bow (kidding)
fishingwithRyanJune280617.jpg
[/img] IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/kronic_fisherguy/fishingwithRyanJune280617.jpg[/IMG]good luck and good fishing with your new toy!!!
kronic

Back