Murpheys lodge

Guys like you are the reason nobody posts. Haha I know tropywife and he is probably having a good laugh reading this. Maybe he can explain it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddys just got back , they had a blast ,
fishin was epic . they were all tubbed out in 2 days , (WCVI Style) ,
which includes limits of Lings , snappers , Huge rock fish , Springs between 17-27 lbs , ( Salmon was rediculous non stop all day long )
and finally halibut , the whole group !!! think there were 10 of them....
waters were fairly calm , dont have details of exact locations as i only got ta chat for a few minutes ,
but he said less than 30 min rides out , i dont know the area , but it is now on my to do list !!
now thats impressive , wish we could say the same thing down a little more south ,

gd lk ta ya

( met David a couple times now , pretty solid humble good guy !! )

fd

Felix....you gotta do Kyuquot. En route in a couple weeks for my eighth trek....love Tofino and even Nootka but the remoteness, views and rugged area up there is awesome. We always do a trek for a day up to the south side of the Brooks....look in my FB albums and you'll see us n a beach that looks like the tropics.

30 minutes out...they'd be at Kyuquot Reef assuming they were running outside the surf line. Lots of inshore areas to fish too if you can't get outside and some BIG boys lurk in along the kelp beds at Spring Island.

Arguably it is my favourite place on this province.....that I have seen. ;)

Felix....you gotta do Kyuquot. En route in a couple weeks for my eighth trek....love Tofino and even Nootka but the remoteness, views and rugged area up there is awesome. We always do a trek for a day up to the south side of the Brooks....look in my FB albums and you'll see us n a beach that looks like the tropics.

30 minutes out...they'd be at Kyuquot Reef assuming they were running outside the surf line. Lots of inshore areas to fish too if you can't get outside and some BIG boys lurk in along the kelp beds at Spring Island.

Arguably it is my favourite place on this province.....that I have seen. ;)

i will get more info tonite from him , pretty sure they were just outside the surf area
One day i will grab my best buds and we will go ,
not so much for the meat , but yes Scott , i here it is pretty amazing ,
would love to take our own boat over ,
will see if Mike will give me sum pics to post on this last trip ,
his company takes them to a fishing lodge every year all payed for ,
hes been to sum pretty high end ones a little further up the coast , and he really loved this place he says ,
that means alot !!! he s not even a die hard fisherman , just loves getting out there ,
im sure i will be cooking %80 of his bounty over the next few months lol,
hv a great trip up there Scott ,
lots of pics!!

felix

Last edited by a moderator:
You bet....always lots of pics!! There are a bunch in post #13 of this thread too. ;)

I am wondering if your buddy was in a group where a guy posted some pics up on another BC forum too. Ask your buddy if Cliff Ronning was with them? They just got back from Murphy's as well.

Definitely on my bucket as well, love Barkley but would really like to experience this as well... Sounds like an opportunity for a couple of strikers to make a stab Felix.

Good of luck as well Scott!

The only Halibut David is guilty of buying is a 2 piece and chips down at the clam bucket....

like....

was an honest question because i did not know... nor would someone going there... was a heads up question.. no pot stirring here... go kill some fish.

Hi Fog Ducker, I've also thought about taking my own boat up one day, but I don't know if any of the places up there have a bring your own boat option. The only time I was up there was a totally guided package at Murphy's and I want to go back again... and again...

Does anyone know a place to stay at Kyuquot which also allows guests to bring and dock their own boat?

Back