Morgan Prawn Puller or??

i went with the king power over ace for 2 reasons, this one is all stainless steel, and also it has a folding arm

3 yrs is good for me.... if anything is going to happen it will be in the first few months

I have used my ACE for 3 yrs now, Love it. The Scotty mount and electrical connection is a bonus, not to mention the fold down storage benefits.

you can now buy a fusion king trap puller at capital iron in victoria for $599

I went thru three EZZY-Pullers in two years. I had the motor die on one and the main motor drive pin snap on two(cheap Chinese steel). The replacement Ace has been going okay so far (six months) but we'll see how it lasts... it's clearly under strain with two larger commercial traps and heavy wieghts. Love the fact that it is easy to remove and store and that it uses my Scotty dowrigger mount and electrical connection. Also much better weather protection on the motor connections/switch.

Did anyone find a url/price for the Morgan puller??? Always like to have a Plan B in mind....

Just an update on this thread..
the king power puller is the fusionking puller..same thing..the company was just in the process of changing its name..and I LOVE this one...no problems whatsoever.

Have an Atlas line hauler , not a blip out of it , just hauls butt.
I thought you young kids had to pull by hand to show us old timers how it used to be done !!!!

Cheers

AL

ive never heard or seen a atlas trap puller.. just fusion king and ace out there so far.. saw an old ezzy puller ( used), new ones, fusion king look better and apparently newer h.d. motor etc

one more thing.. heard scotty is changing their sockets so the old plug ins wont work... fusion king has both the new and old ones

The best pot puller out there is the Robinson retriever. It's hands free operation is slick and is great when you need to steer the boat. It's designed to keep tension on it's own when pulling not like the ace line hauler you have to keep the line tight. I heard through the grapevine a new company has purchased it and it will be avilable soon!

Dan the Man!

I think the fact that you have to keep tension on the ace hauler is a benefit, first off it allows you to stop hauling easily to coil your line or grab your weights/traps, as well as a safety feature. And you mention that its handy to have the hands free use for steering the boat... I don't know about the other guys on here but I kinda don't think prawning alone is really a great idea so I always have someone else there to either pull or drive anyways.

I hear fusion king has a new and improved model coming out soon, they will be in campbell next month... the motor is twice as powerful

Back